Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I m gonna kill my sewing machine... >

I m gonna kill my sewing machine...

I m gonna kill my sewing machine...

Old 06-14-2009, 04:44 AM

I recently had a whole package of needles that wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread, Changed to a different package and wa la worked just fine. It was almost as if the needles were too short.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

I really hope you can get her going soon....sometimes they can be so persnickety...and sometimes I think they just want us to practice using "new" words.. :roll:
Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
I see I'm not the only one having sewing machine problems . :mrgreen: Is yours a singer sew simple ? That's what I have and it is a big headache ! Handwheel sticks and won't move , fiddle with it , say a few bad words . Oops . Did my registration for warranty online and it go lost ! They have no record of it , so my warranty is no good ! The front of the machine is so big I can't see good to satin stitch my applique . Who designs these machines ? Unhappy in Va . Annie
its very basic yes, its a singer 2250, think in usa its 80 dollars

i m in norway thou, i m gonna tale it to the shop monday or tuesday, justneed to find the recepit :oops:
Old 06-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry you are having trouble with your new machine. I hope the shop can find out what is wrong. This is just so wrong having trouble getting a new machine to work. I would watch real close when they check it out just in case it is something that happens again, you might be able to fix it yourself. Good Luck!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

uh-oh, machine-acide! hang on, sweetie, I'm sure, someone will have a good idea. I'm just not very mechanical, but I love to be supportive.
Hope something you find here works for you. :D
Old 06-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Hope you are able to get it fixed on Monday - maybe it is Monday there already!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Hope you are able to get it fixed on Monday - maybe it is Monday there already!
not yet, its the middle of the night and i should be asleep,lol
Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Having the needle in backward can cause sewing problems like you mentioned. Tighten all the screws. Sorry you are having trouble with a new machine, but those are the ones that cause us most difficulty because we do things that we THINK we should do like the old machine, but the new machine has new rules! Find out what it wants. :?
Was your new machine running well in the store? If it was, chances are you are just overlooking some small little detail.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by treasurelady
I've had many a frustrating day over the 45 years I've been sewing. Usually it's a simple problem and I have a good laugh at myself when I finally figure it out. When I'm tired and cranky is when my machines have especially acted up. I think they lie in wait for that day. LOL
Hope you find the solution soon.
Oh yes. More than once I have hauled my machine to the repairman and have found that it was something as simple as the needle on backwards or the machine threaded wrong. And the more frustrated you get, but more difficult it will be to see your mistake.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by Shemjo
Having the needle in backward can cause sewing problems like you mentioned. Tighten all the screws. Sorry you are having trouble with a new machine, but those are the ones that cause us most difficulty because we do things that we THINK we should do like the old machine, but the new machine has new rules! Find out what it wants. :?
Was your new machine running well in the store? If it was, chances are you are just overlooking some small little detail.
i didnt get a chance trying it in the store as it wasnt a proper sewing machie shop or anything like that