Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I m gonna kill my sewing machine... >

I m gonna kill my sewing machine...

I m gonna kill my sewing machine...

Old 06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

sometimes the very best thing is to leave it alone for a day or so and then inspiration comes

did you get it going yet?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM

sunnyhope-- all I can do is offer some of the same advice. I've had my sewing machine a long time and I still put the bobbin in backwards some times or don't get it threaded right on top. Sometimes the timing is off. I've learned how to deal with all of that -- with yours being new you really need the book or someone that knows something about the machine. I'd take it back and ask for some help or my money back.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by sunnyhope
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Pull out the intruction book...at the back of the book the new Singer machines have a trouble shooting page...are you sure that you didn't put the bobbin in backwards? Sometimes that is the issue...

Just read that you don't have the book...go to singer.com they should have info on your machine.........
how on earth can u put it in backwards?
Take the bobbin case and bobbin back out of the machine. Turn the bobbin case over into your other hand, so that the bobbin will fall out. If your bobbin falls completely out, and is not hanging by a thread to the bobbin, you have not gotten the bobbin completely threaded correctly.
If your machine has a bobbin case that goes in "standing up", the bobbin must be able to turn clockwise in order to function properly. Place the bobbin into the case with about five inches of thread hanging out, at first .. making sure it is turning clockwise (the bobbin) the thread is then slid into a slit on that is on the side of the bobbin, and THEN! The thread is pulled forward, under a little metal (hmmm.... how to describe?) "plate, that the thread must pass under, so that the thread is almost centered in the bobbin. When you have the all in there correctly, you should be able to drob the bobbin out of the case, and the thread will still be attached to the bobbin ...
All of this information applies for a machine whose bobbin lies flat, except reversed - - counterclockwise.
Hope this helps!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:45 AM

Another reason that the needle will not pick up the bobbin thread is because you have not allowed enough thread coming from the bobbin through the pathway and out into the place where you put the bobbin/bobbin case. You should have between two and three inches of thread hanging out the left side of your bobbin case in order for the needle to catch it.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:29 PM

thanks for all the help girls, i am trying to get a hold of the manager in the shop :wink:
Old 06-17-2009, 05:10 PM

could be the timing is off. If the needle does not go down the same time the bobbin is coming around it won't pick it up. I do upholstery work and have alot of timing problems with mine at times. When it happens it seems to happen all at once.

Barb
Old 06-18-2009, 08:58 AM

I would take everything out and rethread everything. Make sure you don't have dust inside. Make sure you put your bobbin in the shuttle case facing the right direction. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM

Have you put a new needle in the machine. Some times my needle is not in correctly.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:49 AM

You can't kill your sewing machine you ca throw it on the floor, but you might like to try what Bearisgray said re-do everything it does help. I had that problem once at one of our UFO days the gal's said to try that and it did work.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Try checking if the needle is in backwards.