Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need advise on how to handle....... >

I need advise on how to handle.......

I need advise on how to handle.......

Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM

Tracking is likely unavailable for Parcel Post. I can tell you I have ordered from Old Country store and received great customer service. My package arrived within the week, but I'm sure I didn't use parcel post.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:52 PM

I also say to wait....parcel post is really slow. It took 12 or 14 business days for some clothing I bought and inadvertently had the store send by parcel post. I mean, like what do they do with it....pack it on someone's back and make them walk the whole distance to your house??
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM

I go on vacation to Lancaster, PA several times a year and always go to the Old Country Store. It's a wonderful store that always has lots of people in it and I always come away with goodies. The People's Place Museum is upstairs from the store and although it's a very small museum, it's worth it to go look if you're in the store.

After having been there numerous times over the past 10 years, I can't imagine them not doing right by you. I am not familiar with parcel post, but really hope that your package is caught up in the mail somewhere and it will arrive. If you don't get it soon, I would contact them again.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Tracking is available on parcel post, also insurance if the customer wishes to insure it. The normal time for parcel post is 10-12 days to be delivered. That's from the time it is deposited at the post office. Something else to consider too is that these days some companies combine shipping. For example they may ship by one shipper to a certain point, and that shipper transfers everything to the post office to be delivered. This can create a bad rep for either company. Especially if the first company holds their shipment until they get enough parcels to fill up the truck before they ship to the drop point with the post office. Confusing for all...
Old 08-18-2010, 06:08 PM

I ordered 2 patterns a few months ago from a online store & it took almost a month to get them. The store mailed it out promptly but it got a wrong upc code on it or something at the PO. So it is probably on its way. It is a waiting game.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM

It's been nice hearing good things about the store and their customer service. I'll call them again on Friday as she requested and by that time it will have been 21 days. Enough time to get to Bora Bora. lol I'll also check with my post office - just in case. Thanks for the information.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:18 AM

I am fortunate enough to live about 30 minutes from the Old Country Store, so you can guess where I spend most of my time. They really are amazing people and I can't imagine them not helping you out. Good Luck....
Old 08-19-2010, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

yup, don't panic or be too upset yet, parcel post is SLOW! they tell you when you go to the post office it can take up to a month for parcel post. i went to send a package to my son in Florida (i'm in michigan) it took 3 weeks...i could have driven down handed it to him and drove back home in a long weekend...so, when placing orders on line make a point of reading their shipping policies and choose the shipping method which will work best for you. i have never had a fabric co. just send my package parcel, but i have seen the option offered. i always shop where i can order enough to get free shipping, and always priority.
good luck, we are all hoping that your package arrives safe and sound in a timely manner. i am really surprised that the store does not ALWAYS as part of normal operations use tracking services, it seems like just good business....
Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 AM

We have a choice here of a PO box or home delivery. I was expecting a package for over a week and called the P O several times. Finally the woman said, "It's in your box, I checked it yesterday. You need to pick up your mail." I said, "I don't have a box there are you sure you didn't put it in ____ Hopper's box?" She said, "Oooops, do you want to pick it up or do you want us to deliver it tomorrow?"
Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 AM

Yes parcel post is unbelievably slow. I ordered books once with free shipping - it took about 6 weeks to get them. The box looked like it went through a hurricane when I finally got it. Needless to say, I make sure to never use parcel post anymore. I hope you get your package soon - it is very frustruating when you need it.