Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770 >

I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770

I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770

Old 10-02-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I don't know how big the machine is but some people have had good luck with a tool box on wheels that they found at Harbor Freight, if it isn't too big.

Watson

PS...maybe someone else will chime in because I can't find it on their website.
That's what I have, I paid $25 and it works great. Unfortunately it looks like it's been discontinued because I can't find it on the website either.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:54 AM

I just bought one last week in the store.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:15 AM

This cart is the best thing ever. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So much easier to open and close than my Tutto bag, and so much lighter, it's really easy to fold and put in the car. I love it, and would recommend for taking to classes. Better still would be this cart with a light travel machine like the cs6000i Brother. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2018, 06:39 AM

use a luggage cart and I found a big bag the machine would fit in sewed some straps on it so I could hook it on the luggage cart it has worked fine for me
Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 AM

Thanks all! I love how I have lots of price points to consider. It's good to hear from those who have been there and done that.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

I am using something like this I got at office depot

https://www.amazon.com/Olympia-85-01...wJL&ref=plSrch
Old 10-03-2018, 08:33 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Some have used rolling suitcases to carry their machines in. I don't typically take my good machine to a class. I take a small, inexpensive Brother that I got at Walmart.
I would also recommend considering a small, inexpensive machine to schlep back and forth to class. For the cost of something robust enough to cart the Bernina safely, you could have that smaller, lighter machine that you wouldn't worry about, would be easier to get into and out of the car (and the travel tote).
Old 10-03-2018, 08:44 AM

I'm another believer in having a lightweight portable machine for class. You can even leave it in the trunk of the car if class is weekly. I bought a Brother from Costco that held up well for about 5-7 years being carried from place to place, finally I had too many issues with the bobbin area and declared it unusable, a friend of a friend used it for a trade-in credit for a nice expensive machine. And then I found a similar one at the Goodwill for $30 still in the box and uses the same feet etc., so I once again have a portable machine.

On the other hand, I like doing all my work on the same machine for each project so I understand that too!

A friend of mine is giving me her old Bernina and we were looking at shipping options. I think it is much to awkward really for regular use but depending on the dimensions a wheeled cooler chest was one of the cheaper more secure options we found. We decided that we would ship it "slow boat" UPS, it still might be cheaper to pay for luggage on the plane, but then we would have to deal with it at the airport -- in which case a portable fold-down luggage rack from Office Depot was only around $25. My friend went to the Bernina shop and bought a shipping box from them that has the foam inserts and such.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:00 PM
mac

I agree with those who said to bring a light-weight sewing machine to class, instead of a larger one. Schlepping a 35 pound sewing machine is an accident waiting to happen. Note: I looked up the Bernina 770 QE and that was the weight that was given. Whether it is to your back or to the sewing machine, it is really too much to carry in and out. Of course, this is just my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.

There are a lot of inexpensive machines on the market right now, some better than others. Janome has a few good ones that some quilters I know have been taking to our weekly senior center sewing classes and they love them. In addition, the sewing machine cases for these lighter machines are a lot less expensive.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:06 PM

I still have my Janome Memory Craft 4900 from my old days of quilting. Frustration with trying to manage a quilt in such a small area is probably why I gave quilting up and why I got a new machine to start learning again. My biggest problem right now is that I'm sort of scared of this monster of a sewing machine and that's why I want to take it to class or the guild, so that I can become more comfortable with it and learn from others.

But you all make a good case for leaving it at home and taking my Janome instead, especially since I already have a case and a rolling tote that fit it. Food for thought and I'm going to wait to buy anything until I marinate on it awhile. Thanks!