Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770 >

I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770

I need a cart, trolley, case (something??) for Bernina 770

Old 10-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

I use an icechest (fabric) for one and a plastic file box for another. I know people have had goodluck with tool chests too.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by StephanieR View Post
I still have my Janome Memory Craft 4900 from my old days of quilting. Frustration with trying to manage a quilt in such a small area is probably why I gave quilting up and why I got a new machine to start learning again. My biggest problem right now is that I'm sort of scared of this monster of a sewing machine and that's why I want to take it to class or the guild, so that I can become more comfortable with it and learn from others.

But you all make a good case for leaving it at home and taking my Janome instead, especially since I already have a case and a rolling tote that fit it. Food for thought and I'm going to wait to buy anything until I marinate on it awhile. Thanks!
Invite a couple sewing friends to your home to help your get comfortable with your bigger new machine. No need to move it then.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:37 PM
mac

StephanieR,
I think that is a great idea. At least this way, you can take classes, get used to all the new ways to quilt and make new quilting friends. You can learn all about your new machine at your leisure. Have fun.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:18 PM

I bought the Tutto large trolley when I bought my Janome MC6600P just for the reason to take it to and from classes to learn how to use the machine. It didn't come with a hard cover. I use it when I transport my Viking Designer Topaz too. It doesn't have room for the embroidery arm, but that is fine. My Viking has a handle on the top, so quite often I lift the machine and wrap my arms around it and just carry it. I strap it in the car with a seat belt, which I believe holds it better than if it sits in the case.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:22 AM

I was fortunate enough that when I bought my Bernina 530 it came with a travel case, but even with that I bought myself a used Bernina 350 on EBay to take with me and I leave my 530 safely at home. I do have another case I believe it’s Creative Notions but like someone else said, about the Toto it has no padding. The Bernina case is far superior. If you decide you prefer to take your 770, I say buy the Bernina case. That machine is to expensive and to precious to risk using something that may save you money, but won’t protect it like the case designed to do so.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:48 AM

Thumbs up trolley

I just bought a small suitcase at thrift store, had 2 zippered compartments, cut out the middle panel, now my old heavy Kenmore machine, that I bought at another thrift store is a perfect fit.

Maeleen, from the Boston Mountains foothills of Arkansas

Forgot to mention, It's on wheels as well.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:58 AM

I use a folding wagon - love that thing for classes and retreats. I leave it in the car all the time.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:07 AM

Ditto on Joann's. Where I also got mine on sale w/coupon
Old 10-04-2018, 06:10 PM

I have the Bernina case for my big 880 and yes, they are expensive, BUT - look how much you spent on that 770 !!. The machine needs a good case to protect the knobs on the front of the machine. The Tutto, is a nice case, but as another member stated, it does not have the padding that is needed to protect our investment.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:42 PM

I have the Bernina 780 and I was lucky enough to find a Bernina roller bag for dirt cheap at a Bernina dealer that someone traded in. I also have a Tutto bag. My Bernina bag is way nicer and would HIGHLY recommend that you spend the money and get the better bag that is going to protect your machine.