Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help ? Bailey's Home Quilter pictures >

I need help ? Bailey's Home Quilter pictures

I need help ? Bailey's Home Quilter pictures

Old 12-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

So glad!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:35 PM

I had a problem similar to this, kept adjusting the tension.... nothing helped. One day my daugher stopped my, asked if I had cleaned out the bobbin area lately - huh? "No", I sheeplishly replied.... she cleaned it and everything worked like a charm again. I had so much stuff packed in around the bobbin holder, it look like a piece of felt! If you haven't tried this, I suggest this as a possible solution - good luck :)
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
I had a problem similar to this, kept adjusting the tension.... nothing helped. One day my daugher stopped my, asked if I had cleaned out the bobbin area lately - huh? "No", I sheeplishly replied.... she cleaned it and everything worked like a charm again. I had so much stuff packed in around the bobbin holder, it look like a piece of felt! If you haven't tried this, I suggest this as a possible solution - good luck :)
I clean my bobbin area with every bobbin change. If you get in a routine, it just come natural.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I clean my bobbin area with every bobbin change. If you get in a routine, it just come natural.
That's a good tip. i have been blowing out the lint every time I change the bobin but think I will purchase a brush as well.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

I use a cheap paintbrush that I got at Lowe's.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
That's a good tip. i have been blowing out the lint every time I change the bobin but think I will purchase a brush as well.

I would suggest you not blow it out as you can blow the lint back into the machine where you cannot easily get to it. I bought a fairly nice 1" paint brush that was soft and the bristles did not come out easily. I gave a tug before I bought it. It works really good for getting the lint and stuff out. I usually clean mine well every second bobbin change.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 PM

I use a cheap paintbrush that I got at Lowe's.
oooh. That's a great place to get one. Thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 01:58 AM

"No", I sheeplishly replied.... she cleaned it and everything worked like a charm again. I had so much stuff packed in around the bobbin holder, it look like a piece of felt! If you haven't tried this, I suggest this as a possible solution - good luck :)
I've had the same problem before. It looked like felt and I felt that same feeling of being ashamed. :)
Old 12-03-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by justflyingin
"No", I sheeplishly replied.... she cleaned it and everything worked like a charm again. I had so much stuff packed in around the bobbin holder, it look like a piece of felt! If you haven't tried this, I suggest this as a possible solution - good luck :)
I've had the same problem before. It looked like felt and I felt that same feeling of being ashamed. :)
The quilt I was having the trouble with was the second quilt on the frame and being stitched. On the previous one I noticed piece of 'felt' looking lint sewn into the underside of the quilt. That's when I started blowing the lint out of the bobbin casing whenever I changed bobbins.