Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need your opinions, please... >

I need your opinions, please...

I need your opinions, please...

Old 02-10-2014, 01:23 AM
Gay

sorry, but I do not like the orange at all, especially for a tiny baby. It hurts my eyes. Could you use a darker mint for that pop of colour? I agree you should check with your daughter.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:10 AM

Listen to your daughters' request. I don't like the orange. Stay with her desired colors. It is pretty. I like orange as a color but in this quilt, too distracting IMHO.

sandy
Old 02-10-2014, 04:33 AM

I think the grey and green alone are perfect but if you want another color how about a soft yellow? I do not like the orange. You could make another quilt with all bright colors to use the orange.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:50 AM

I like the idea of orange in the quilt but with the pastels feel the orange you are using draws the eye to it and you forget about the other colors. What does your daughter think of the orange?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:00 AM

Personally, I'd go without the orange. I think it draws the eye away too much. That being said, I never would have thought mint and gray together. It looks terrific!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 AM

I really like your pattern. The mint and gray is really pretty together I do not care for the orange it's just to strong and it completely changes the feel of the quilt.

If this was a commissioned quilt would you just change it because you thought it needed it? The client should always have the final say even if the client is family and your not getting paid. You did agree to make a quilt for her in her colors. Once this is done you can make another quilt for your new grand baby in any color you want. It never hurts to have multiple baby quilts and blankets.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
To me, (even though I love orange) the orange is way to bright to contrast with the gray & green. I really like it without the orange, but if you feel it needs it, I would go with a lighter shade. Love the pattern you are doing in this quilt. I would also ask the person that ask for these colors before adding anything more. She may not want the brightness in the quilt.
I agree with halo, I would like it without the orange , or a lighter shade. Love the other colors and pattern.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I love the orange. I love it with the green. I love it anywhere. I think the quilt will be diminished without it. But... daughters will be daughters, and they think they know what they want. Could you possibly make a 2-sided quilt, one side with the orange stripe in it (just what you have) and the other without? Then you can put the orange side out when you hold the baby, and she can hide it on the inside (if that's what she wants) while she holds the baby, everyone will be happy, and the quilt will have a special meaning for the two of you...and for the baby when he/she gets older. A reminder of the grandma who has a bit of flair for the dramatic.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
To me, (even though I love orange) the orange is way to bright to contrast with the gray & green. I really like it without the orange, but if you feel it needs it, I would go with a lighter shade. Love the pattern you are doing in this quilt. I would also ask the person that ask for these colors before adding anything more. She may not want the brightness in the quilt.
Orange is my favorite color also. But, if the orange stays I would soften it. To the original question, between the greys is my choice. Like one person mentioned, a teal would be nice instead of orange but changes the whole concept of "pop." You asked for our opinions ;-)

Last edited by Vridar; 02-10-2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 02-10-2014, 07:24 AM

I really like the gray and mint..but the orange seems out of place to me...it doesn't look like it fits. Yes, see what your daughter says.