I think I have "cold feet" >

I think I have "cold feet"

I think I have "cold feet"

Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 AM

Just go for it!! You'll do great!!! :D
Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 AM

Just go for it!! You'll do great!!! :D
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM

Even experienced quilters can make a mistake,just jump on in,you will get through it,cold feet and all.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM

Remember many beginning quilts are service quilts. That is they are used and loved. They allow us to gain experience as we go. If you make a quilt you hate donate it. Someone will appreciate the warmth of that quilt. Not all quilts are prize winning quilts. The Red and White Quilt exhibit that just ended in NY City was made up of everyday quilts. Some of them were outstanding others were well worn and loved. Keep making your quilts and love the process. Enjoy! Luann
Old 04-04-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by crafterrn1
Remember many beginning quilts are service quilts. That is they are used and loved. They allow us to gain experience as we go. If you make a quilt you hate donate it. Someone will appreciate the warmth of that quilt. Not all quilts are prize winning quilts. The Red and White Quilt exhibit that just ended in NY City was made up of everyday quilts. Some of them were outstanding others were well worn and loved. Keep making your quilts and love the process. Enjoy! Luann
I agree,I only make quilts for people to use,and I do ask them,I like to think I make every day quilts,not heirlooms
Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 AM

You don't have to worry its normal even long time quilters get a case of 'cold feet' when stepping out of our comfort zones I say Jump in there and get your feet wet there is no such thing as wasted fabric it becomes Scrappy Quilts Have Fun -- Dawn
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dina
Yes, I am just a bit older than a newbie, quilting for about a year and a half, and I always just know I wont like a quilt that I have planned. I am just finishing one this evening, in time for "Show and Tell" at the guild meeting tomorrow night, and I am not sure I will take it. My quilts just always look so different than anyone else's.

But, you know what...I have finally decided that if I fail, so what? I'll just make another quilt...
I have been quilting for thirty years and I still make mistakes but oh well, if I don't like it, give it to charity and someone will get it that needs it for warmth. If so then it is doing good. Jan :thumbup:
Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM

Very much a newbie thing - and an old-timer thing and every level in between thing.

Sometimes we all have to PUSH ourselves to get into the next project.

And, then, when we're done, we wonder why we were so reluctant to start the project!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:45 AM

:thumbup: hmmm...I think you hit the nail on the head for me...:thumbup:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've been spinning my wheels for some time now and couldn't figure out why. My husband says I want it to be perfect, I don't think that's the whole story. I figure no matter how it turns out, it will still function as a quilt---wonky or not.

I do think it's the fear of cutting up really nice fabric and making a mess out of things. I've slowed down on the collecting of fabric, knowing there will always be more lovely fabric I just have to have. Perhaps I need to take the same approach to cutting up what I really love.

Thanks for the insight. I feel so much better. :D
Old 04-04-2011, 09:58 AM

very common illness. Cure--can't find one but complete a quilt. Even a messed up one will look beautiful.