Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I wanna CRY....any suggestions? >

I wanna CRY....any suggestions?

I wanna CRY....any suggestions?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 AM

It is beautiful as is and I agree with the others, if it bothers you why not add some more holly and berries to mask the difference. Please post a photo when you are done, I would love to see the entire quilt.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:39 AM

It would make me crazy too, to leave it as it is. I agree with others that it looks great, but I would look at the mistake all the time. Maybe you could take a piece of the white and fuse that over the mistake carefully lining up the seam areas and lining the edges up with your quilting, then add berries and holly in the correct spot. Quilting over the "patch" should cover the fact that it's a patch. Being that it is a wall hanging it will not be looked at close, so the repair should not show. Taking out the quilting is a lot of work. The other option I can see is to add holly and berries to all the ornament tops as the mistake is at the top of the quilt. You've really done an awesome job on the quilt. It's beautiful.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:40 AM

The holly and berries seem to be equally spaced. I'd leave it and call it a design element. Those are my two favorite words when I goof!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:49 AM

If you had not mentioned it, I wouldn't have known anything was out of place, because it looks like it was meant to be that way. I would not try to get the holly and berries off, because it looks fine the way it is. If it bothers you too much, just fuse some holly and berries onto the sashing in various spots, and be done with it. it might be a good idea to first lay the pieces on the sashing to see how you like it before you fuse them. Just a suggestion. Having said all that, your quilt is very pretty, and i wish we could see more of it. I hope you will post a full picture when it is done.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:10 AM

No one but you has the pattern and would know that it wasn't supposed to be where it is. Leave it! Save yourself the pain.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:24 AM

I think it looks beautiful as is! don't stress about it, you've done a great job!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 AM

Darlin, don't mess with it at all . I didn't see anything wrong with it.In fact , it looks like where you put them is exactly where the pattern would say to place them.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:00 AM

This turned out so lovely and honestly I did not see the mistake right away. If it were me, and I am certainly not very experienced, but I would just leave it, and add move leaves and berries on in the right spot and may be a few other places to balance it out. Honestly I don't think any one would notice, except you : )
Old 10-30-2013, 05:23 AM

I have made mistakes like that, and know how you feel. It is doubtful anyone else will notice. I would just leave it as is, and enjoy!Mariah.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 AM

There's nothing wrong with personal design changes!

Now to figure out what additional holly and berries you want to add in which other spots to balance it out. Maybe some smaller ones in between?