Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome >

I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome

I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome

Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 AM

My friend has the big Bernina embroidery machine for her business and the embroirdery module for her Bernina 440 QE as does my daughter and they both love all their Berninas. I must say the embroidery is beautiful and, in my daughter's case, very easy to learn. She did it in an afternoon without any help. I have the Bernina 440 QE also and absolutely love it.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 AM

Thank you all for your great comments and suggestions. I am going to go back to Thomas Sewing Center and look at all the machines and test drive some of them. I want to be sure I know what I'm getting. I think first I need to decide what I really will be embroidering on and what I want it for really. More for pictures or more for names and such? hummmmmmm I already have some money put aside and I think I will save half then go and put it on lay away. Then I won't have so much to pay.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see what anyone else has to say.

Thanks again,
Bobbi
Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 AM

Thank you all for your great comments and suggestions. I am going to go back to Thomas Sewing Center and look at all the machines and test drive some of them. I want to be sure I know what I'm getting. I think first I need to decide what I really will be embroidering on and what I want it for really. More for pictures or more for names and such? hummmmmmm I already have some money put aside and I think I will save half then go and put it on lay away. Then I won't have so much to pay.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see what anyone else has to say.

Thanks again,
Bobbi
Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 AM

I have the Janome 350E and I wouldn't trade it for anything. She is very reliable and does great work. This is the machine I would go for if I were you and I have checked them all out. I also have a Janome MB4 which is a 4 needle machine that I love. I bought my 350 e at Willets in McKinney and my MB4 at Thomas Sewing Center. You can deal with Mr. Thomas on the 350E which you will like a lot better. Just walk away a few times and he will keep going down.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:11 AM

Check the Bernina embroidery machines. I have a 180E, an older model and love it. It does wonderful embroidery, and being older I think is more user friendly than maybe a new one,
for a machine you may not use everyday a used model is great. Be sure to get a machine that does 5 X 7 designs, this is a great size for quilt blocks. Take your time and research and sew on them. Decide which one you want and then look for that machine, they are available, don't rush into buying a machine. A good used embroidery machine will be atleast $1000. (Compared to a new one $8000.)
You will enjoy machine embroidery, remember you will also need a lot of different colored threads, needles, stabilizers, etc.
So there will be a lot of expense after buying a machine. Keep this in mind when shopping for a embroidery machine.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 AM

That Janome is a fabulous machine, heavy duty and reliable. You will enjoy it for a really long time, unlike some of the less expensive styles on the market. Go for it and enjoy !
Old 06-14-2011, 04:38 AM

I have 3 embroidery machines and by far prefer the Babylock Esante (just got it last year). Pricey though.
My 1st was a Janome 9000 about 13 yrs ago. Shopped around alot & test drove them at the shops. Found it wasn't as user friendly as a dummy like me needed. Next one was a Babylock Esante (used from LQS) and bought with my winnings from 1st & last gambling in Vegas :lol: Loved it. This latest Esante is wonderful! Has a USB, user friendly, love it! They had the 18 month no finance charge & it was on sale. DH has no idea what it cost so shhh!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 AM

My vote is to bypass that 300E and go with the 350E, its a much better machine and has a USB port that the 300E doesnt have. I've read that stores that still have the 300E in stock will try to push to sell them since the 300E is considered outdated at this point. Or you could go beyond the 350E of course. Im a Janome girl so I dont think you can go wrong with any of their machines. JMHO.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:15 AM

Hi, I have a janome 300E, and love it. The one thing I do not like, is that it has no usb port option for transferring the designs directly from the pc. You have to buy a card, and a card reader for that, but they are not expensive at all. Also, $999.00 is a bit pricey for it this year. I would ask him what is the least he could take for one, and look around for a better deal. Also, ask him if he does include any classes?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:20 AM

I bought a Janome 350e last year. I was skeptical at first but the more I read and compared, the more I was convinced this was the one and it would be worth the money - I was not disappointed.
It has the regular and the large (5x7) hoops.
The machine comes with many built-in patterns in both sizes, and there are k-zillions of free patterns on line
Both the manual and the DVD are user friendly
I've never had a problem of any kind with the operation
I've made personalized labels that have enhanced the appearance and the value of my quilts
I've made embroidered blocks that have made it possible for me to market a whole new line of custom themed quilts .
I think the 350e is still their latest model, but you might want to check Craig's List or Ebay for a refurbished one. I've seen a few, but not many - usually they're being sold in favor of a industrial model.
Do your research, there are many sites online that review and compare the most popular models, that's what I did. ALSO, LISTEN TO THE LADIES HERE. THEY ARE THE BEST.
Google: "Embroidery Machines, Reviews, Comparisons, Pricees"
Good Luck