Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome >

I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome

I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome

Old 06-14-2011, 06:34 AM

I have had my Janome 9000 for many years. Paid a lot for it when I got it, but I have never had a need for another machine. Mine does everything I will ever need to do. The only time my Janome has been in the shop is for a good cleaning and servicing.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 AM

I have the Brother PE770. It was not my first choice, but $9000 was way out of my price range. This was my second choice, and at about $700 it was the final choice. I don't use it every day, but I use it often enough that I don't feel guilty about paying the price for a machine to sit idle some days. This machine will do everything I want to do (embroidery and quilting) just maybe not as fast or easy as the high price machines. Amazon also sells ($99) a set of 4 hoops that work very well and complete the range of sizes the machine can handle.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:59 AM

Good morning ladies, I have a Singer Futura that my DH bought for me from QVC. It will sew, embroider and also has a serger attachment for it. It has two different size hoops and does a GREAT job on all of it. I have used it to piece quilts and do some quilting on smaller projects. QVC offers a large amount of different attachments with this machine as well as easy payments spread out over 3-6 months with no interest. Might be worth looking into
Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 AM

Love my Janome 9500. Have a wonderful Babylock elegant too but my Janome does so much and cost so little BY COMPARISON. I would go with the 9700 and get the colored screen if I were to do it over and I would seriously consider the potability favors with Janome if you do or plan to do many clAsses. It is the most portable of the full range embroidery machines in my opinion. AgainI LOVE MY JANOME !!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:19 AM

I have the Janome 300 E and love my machine too have had any trouble with it.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:23 AM

Walmart and Amazon have the Brother PE770 for $630.00 with free shipping. I already own this machine and I love it. It stitches out beautifully. I have a Brother PR600 which is a 6 needle, six thread and when I use the PE770 it stitches out just as well as the PR600. If you purchase it from Walmart, try it out and if you do not like it you can return it to any Walmart store. I also have two other machines by Brother and have never had any problems with any of them. If you are just starting out I would not spend a ton of money on a machine. The first embroidery machine I had only did a 4x4 design, it was a Brother PE150 from Walmart. I used that for 8 years before upgrading. Also, the Brother machine is easy to learn and use. When buying a machine make sure it has a USB so you can use a memory stick to download designs from the internet to the machine. Also, get one that does a 5x7 design.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:44 AM

I love my PE770 Brother machine and use i often.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
From personal experience, I would look for one with a UBS port and a larger sewing field than 4 x 4. You can download soooo many more designs that way. You have to buy the cards and transfer equipment to transfer otherwise.

I have a Brother PE770 and an Bernina 640 both wiht USB ports.
My machine has a USB port, it's fabulous. I have two flash drives I use with it. I have yet to buy any of those design cards, even though my machine uses them. I have to much fun finding exactly what I want by searching online for freebies or really inexpensive designs.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 AM

Another suggestion......

Buy one that is strictly embroidery, that way it won't get as much wear and tear and need repairs.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:43 AM

i recently came home with a new janome 300e. i have another janome, and for the most part am pleased with it. the one i have does both embroidery and regular sewing--everything from organdy to leather. the new one i bought sight unseen, and took home. i figured it would be no problem since i had another janome. imagine my surprise to find that while it is a whiz at embroidering, it is incapable of sewing a straight line! at least, nobody at the store could figure out how, and neither could i! i've been sewing since i was 12, and have fixed, figured out, and used just about any kind of machine tossed my way--but this janome was only capable of embroidery. there wasn't even a regular presserfoot in the box. i brought it back and went and got a huskvarna/viking emerald. it is swift, quiet, and beautiful, and my old janome fills any fancy embroidery bill .