Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I wish they'd make a home sewing machine-- >

I wish they'd make a home sewing machine--

I wish they'd make a home sewing machine--

Old 03-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I've been saying this for years to every sewing machine dealer I meet - please tell your companies that we NEED A MACHINE THAT CAN UN-SEW!
Excellent idea....I'd get quilts finished so much quicker!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 PM

You may not believe this, but I was just saying that same thing to my sister a few days ago. Who the heck invented the bobbin??!![/quote]

And why can't someone invent a better bobbin? If we can send a man to the moon, heat food in seconds and have a phone with us 24/7 someone should be able to fix this measly old bobbin thing. We have been waiting long enough.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
You may not believe this, but I was just saying that same thing to my sister a few days ago. Who the heck invented the bobbin??!!
And why can't someone invent a better bobbin? If we can send a man to the moon, heat food in seconds and have a phone with us 24/7 someone should be able to fix this measly old bobbin thing. We have been waiting long enough.[/quote]

AMEN!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:15 PM

I would like a self threading machine from the spool all the way to the needle. and settings that would respond to voice commands. Hey, if I'm wishing I'm wishing big. :-D
Karen
Old 03-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Regular sewing machine with a lot larger opening so we can quilt bigger quilts without so much rolling, folding and praying it comes out ok. I can't afford a long arm - yet.
I don't see why we should need a longarm. Why can't they extend the arm of regular sewing machines so it would be easy to quilt on them? I don't really want another machine around.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by wichypoo
I would like a self threading machine from the spool all the way to the needle. and settings that would respond to voice commands. Hey, if I'm wishing I'm wishing big. :-D
Karen
Voice commands - but what would they do when we start swearing at them!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM

so where would you put the gears and all to make the machine work....?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Well my thing is I have a lot of extra bobbins, and I am always trying to use up what thread is on them. So I have no complaint there. If I am starting a big job I just wind a few bobbins fo it so I do not have to stop to wind.
My machine beeps as the bobbin is getting low.
My machine never need to be oiled. Very low maintance. Never had two of my machines in ever. My 20 year old Viking has been in maybe 3 times. Never needs oil.
My machine also has the needle up / needle down
and a larger base? Well I already hater to carry my machine to and from sewing classes.
My sapce between the needle and the neck is plenty for rollong a quile so a ot of these subjestions are out there, just have to pay to get them. Quilting is not a poor mans hobby. I have the machine can't aford the fabric's LOL
We will alway's want more. I have dreamed of a long arm for years.... getting one will probably never happen. So I do fine on my home machine.
My machine also has a needle threader which is so nice when doing embroidery and having to change threads so often.
My friend got a table and measured her machine, then her husband cut the hole out and made a board under neith to hold her machine for quilting.... it works great.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM

Those are memories and my machines do remember where I was when I turn back on. A nice function.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 AM

[quote=IrishNY
I don't see why we should need a longarm. Why can't they extend the arm of regular sewing machines so it would be easy to quilt on them? I don't really want another machine around.[/quote]

What great ideas! To be able to slide the arm out to make the space larger for quilting AND if it had a stitch regulator like Bernina offers AND a spool instead of a bobbin PLUS the computerized extras already on high end machines.......A PERFECT MACHINE!
Really now, I'm sure it can be done. Someone mentioned the going to the moon thing. If they can do that, then....

Who has a handy husband who can build these?