Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you please, info. about your machine :) >

If you please, info. about your machine :)

If you please, info. about your machine :)

Old 04-20-2011, 06:07 PM

Well, I have a Bernnia, 2 Elnas and had a Phaff. I love my Elna's. I have sewn on my Elna(Sewing Room) for 7yrsnow and I love it. Just wish it had a thread cutter. I paid $.1,000.00. Special ,came with acrylic table and lots of extras , too. My second Elna(in livingroom)has the thread cutter. That was also on sale, $1,200.00. Also came with acrylic table. Both have lots of different stitches. And the Dealer is within 45min from home. That is a very important issue. My Bernnia 830, I purchased second hand,$800.00. Dealer is 2 hours from home. I use it to Embrodery. As I use Elnas as main machines. I had A Pfaff, Shortarm quilting machine. It worked very nice. Although it was just a straight stitch machine. Dealer was also within 20 miles from home.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM

I purchased the Horizon Memory Craft 7700QCP from Janome last summer and have done a lot of sewing with it and so far it has done a good job. I love the large D space but I haven't realy done any large quilts on it yet. Also have the Viking designer and love that also but I use it more for embroidery.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM

The absolute best machine is Bernina. If you are looking for free motion and throat space, the answer is clearly Bernina. All top machines sew well, and do great things. After 5 years of servicing all brands of machines Ive seen them all on the inside. This is where Bernina wins hands down. Berninas come with a 20 year mechanical warranty. When people say Bernina's are expensive, See how many old machines are out there and still being used. Bernina is the last family owned company, and still makes all the replacement parts. Pfaff was the last company to be bought out. Pfaff is not what it once was.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM

2 brother, 2janome, and a Bailey longarm with stitch control on a grace pro frame ( this one I've only quilted 4 quilts on and I must say I'm loving it so far)
Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb
Wow looks like I'm the only Bernina fan. I have a Bernina 440. Love it. It has a FMQ function called a BSR and I love that. I was a former singer owner, bought a plain Bernina and loved that machine and it was time to upgrade and stayed with Bernina. It has lots of stitch types, which I hardly use but I like having them available and I just like the way it sews and the ease of use.

Paid $3000 I think. It has been awhile.
No you are not. I am a big Bernina fan. Mine is the 185. I love it!!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 PM

I have a phaff and have used for the last 20 years. I love it. No trouble at all. It is fast and quiet. go for it.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:46 PM

OMG i love my Vikings. I have the Sapphire 875 and the Designer SE sewing/embroidery. I have had the first for about a year and till today when i sew i keep yelling at home for the kids and say "did i ever say how much i love my machine????" "yes mom many many times...lol"

Many many spoiling features that i didn't know they exist before. Speed control, auto sewing without pedal, needle up and down, stop at the end of a decorative stitch, pivot, quilting thick fabrics, throat space, bobbin sensor, auto threader, variety of stitches, etc...so many to list and i am still learning how to use it.
Nothing that i don't like about it. I am a happy customer, and most of all i love the customer service i get. This is major for me for such an investment.
I bought mine last year for $2000 but i know you can get them cheaper now.
Good luck
Old 04-20-2011, 06:48 PM

I'm so surprised how infrequently people on here mention Bernina!

Continued good luck with your great machine!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:50 PM

I have a 1950 FW 221.....
I love its simplicity...........
I hate nothing about it......
I paid $0 for it - it was a gift for cleaning out a friend's summer bungalow!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 PM

1.) What machine you have
I am a Pfaff lover- I have a Tiptronic 2030 I bought 10 years ago for $1300- it was not top of the line back then. I have an Overlock and just this month I bought a Creative 2.0 because I wanted to embroidery.
2.) What you love about it
The IDF - Without knowing anything about machines 10 yrs ago and after researching I found this to be an feature I wanted to have. Pfaff was the only machine that have it so I bought it. Today 10 years later I learned how a great machine Pfaff is. so didn't doubt it when needed the overlock and embroidery.
This new machine, teh Creative 2.0 has the embroidery unit- I bought it used at the dealer, it was barely used, I paid $3000 but it comes with all the clases and help I might need for ever. I already went twice on a Saturday to learn how to use it and I am so hapy with my purchase.
I love applique, a feature this machine has that teh old one didn't is that when using the needle down position, the foot lifts a little bit so you can tilt the fabric. I kept the tiptronic for piecing but I am using it less and less now.
3.) What you don't love about it
Nothing yet! the old one- the Tiptronic has the buttons to select the stitches and letters on the horizontal part of the machine and at times you hit them with your elbow and might saw and break a needle. The new machines have the buttoms in front of you. As for the Creative 2.0 I would like to have a bigger screen, this one is a 2x2, very small but my budget would let me go for the Creative 4.0 or Creative Vision that have the bigger screen.