Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in trouble. Now I have a new deadline. >

I'm in trouble. Now I have a new deadline.

I'm in trouble. Now I have a new deadline.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Okay no more posts for you.....get going!!! LOL
I am sure you will finish it in plenty of time. Enjoy your trip :!:
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Kas

Pedal to the metal! You can do it! Even if you have to put the binding on it in the car or on the airplane!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Originally Posted by QuiltE
If you don't get it done, make a baby's bib or a small wall hanging to coordinate and give it.

I've seen a few pieces of loose fabric given with a note that it's a sign of what's to come!
I like both of these ideas.
I loved it when they gave a few scraps of fabric ... the person was puzzled at first and then got all excited as they started imagining what it might be.

A couple years ago I was invited to a shower. For the wedding I was giving a quilt, which was over budget. I decided to downsize the shower gift as a result. I made a heart quilt block of all the fabrics in the quilt (almost 50 different ones) and quilted and bound it. I included a note saying that it was a prelude and the rest of their shower gift would come with their wedding gift.

I think they thought they were getting placemats!

So you could do something similar!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

CJMomma already scolded you so I won't LOL
I'll be a cheerleader instead :D:D
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 PM

Hello....call in sick ( of work ) or take a mental health day. Or, just eat fast food or cereal till the quilt is finished so you can spend more hours quilting..
Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 AM

Looks as though most of the work is done, the cutting, the lay-out. The quick & easy part is all you have. Depending on your hand, all you need do is assemble and press. What did you plan do do for quilting? Go ahead, knock out the piecing so you'll have time to get the quilting done too.

Remember to allow time for a "flat tire," as my daddy always said. If the time is programmed into the project, and you don't use it, you have time to spare. If a problem comes along, you have time to deal with it and finish on time.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 AM

LOL STAY OFF THIS BOARD and finish the quilt :)
Old 05-13-2011, 03:47 AM

When I had my first baby my mother knitted me a blanket. Since it wasn't done in time for the shower, she wrapped it up with the knitting needles. After the shower she took it back to finish. You could do the same with the baby's quilt.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
I've been posting my progress on a quilt for my granddaughter. Haven't got a lot more done since the last post because of injuries on one hand. But thought I was doing pretty well since she's due the middle of July. Here's my last post. I'm almost finished with the sashing.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-120430-1.htm

So, I'm going to visit at the end of May. (They live in California, we live in Utah.) Last night I found out I'm invited to a baby shower while I'm there. That gives me less than 2 weeks if I want to finish in time for the shower. YIKES! I'm going to to do my best to get it done but have a backup gift just in case.

I need all the motivation I can get. Anyone want to join my cheering section. LOL
You can do it! You can do it! I have a tighter deadline than that. About 6 months ago I committed to making a quilt to be auctioned off for my neighbor's friend's charity in honor of her baby that died a couple years ago. Well, I made a strip quilt out of a jelly roll, and decided I would practice on it on my new long arm. I got 7/8ths done and the machine died. Just got it back yesterday, finished the quilting and now have to get it bound by TOMRROW! We can do ANYTHING if we set our mind to it! I love challenges, so this is my challenge today. And now you have one too. :thumbup: :D ;-)
Old 05-13-2011, 03:52 AM

QuiltsRfun, I looked at your earlier post and wonder if all of the squares are sewn together? If they are, then 2 weeks would be enough time to quilt your gd's quilt. Just my opinion. It's a nice quilt. Eiltcoq.