Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I'm in trouble. Now I have a new deadline. >
  • I'm in trouble. Now I have a new deadline.

• I'm in trouble. Now I have a new deadline.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:06 AM

Our lives are more than just sewing (did that come out of my mouth?????) So after work, fix supper, eat and then dedicate 1 1/2 hours straight to working on the quilt every night. You'll have it done in no time, with time to spare. When you've reached your limit for the night, put it away until tomorrow. Give's your hands and eyes a rest and a chance to renew your spirits for the next day. Keep us updated. Good luck.
    Old 05-13-2011, 04:18 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

<----- I'm still watching you!!
    Old 05-13-2011, 04:48 AM

This is such a cute pattern. Very appropriate for a little girl.
    Old 05-13-2011, 04:58 AM

You're much closer to being done than you realize! If when you get home from work you only do the essentials and make working on the quilt #1 priority I have no doubt you can finish this!!! Looking forward to the post that says, I did it AND with time to spare! :-)
    Old 05-13-2011, 05:02 AM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    I've been posting my progress on a quilt for my granddaughter. Haven't got a lot more done since the last post because of injuries on one hand. But thought I was doing pretty well since she's due the middle of July. Here's my last post. I'm almost finished with the sashing.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-120430-1.htm

So, I'm going to visit at the end of May. (They live in California, we live in Utah.) Last night I found out I'm invited to a baby shower while I'm there. That gives me less than 2 weeks if I want to finish in time for the shower. YIKES! I'm going to to do my best to get it done but have a backup gift just in case.

I need all the motivation I can get. Anyone want to join my cheering section. LOL
    By all means get OFF THIS BOARD and start sewing :-D We all know how much time we spend here and how much sewing we could get done instead. Hec, I shouldn't be on here now either lol :P
    Old 05-13-2011, 05:56 AM

Two weeks - piece of cake :) Don't stress and overwhelm yourself. Take a deep breath and get sewing :)
    Old 05-13-2011, 06:13 AM

You can do it! You can do it! You are capable of finishing this charming quilt. You can do it!
    Old 05-13-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by clynns
    Our lives are more than just sewing (did that come out of my mouth?????) So after work, fix supper, eat and then dedicate 1 1/2 hours straight to working on the quilt every night. You'll have it done in no time, with time to spare. When you've reached your limit for the night, put it away until tomorrow. Give's your hands and eyes a rest and a chance to renew your spirits for the next day. Keep us updated. Good luck.
    That's what I did last night. All those little squares in the sashing were giving me trouble. Just one more strip to go then it's easy going with solid pieces. It's the quilting I don't know about. That's what usually gives me trouble. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement. And CJ, I haven't given up. :)
    Old 05-13-2011, 06:43 AM

You can do it! Hang in there.
    Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by clynns
    Great advice! We need to take care of ourselves first; quilting should be a source of joy in our lives and in our giving. When we are under stress or put limits upon ourselves, mistakes can happen or the end result of our finished product can leave us with regrets. I say, enjoy the labor of love of which you are performing and if it is not completed in time for the baby shower, take a picture of it, put the photo in a box, and wrap it up to give her. You can then complete your beautiful quilt and send it to her at a later date. Good luck and take care of your hand injury! :-D :thumbup: