Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in trouble now . . . >

I'm in trouble now . . .

I'm in trouble now . . .

Old 07-14-2011, 08:53 PM

Oh man if I lived closer I would take a machine with a treadle cabinet! I live clear up in UP! Or I'd come drool looking at all ur treasures!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:29 PM

Keep them both and complain to your DH about that nasty friend of yours who held a gun to your head and forced you to shell out money for that machine that you would never have bought on your own except for that sneaky female who tricked you into going out with her and it was all her fault for forcing you out of your house when all you really wanted to do was stay home and bake a cherry pie for your DH to eat with his dinner when he came home from working so hard, and you know that he's such a darling that he won't let you go buy a gun to shoot your friend because friends are really hard to come by but the ones who makes you buy buy buy are not that good of a friend but then over the years you will know that you did the right thing by buying anything connected with sewing
hehehe....
Old 07-14-2011, 10:04 PM

Lol...well I would keep them both. I would have to. And maybe just set it out and maybe he won't notice it, you know what they say, we never see what is right under our noses.lol Good luck
Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 PM

It's the FABRIC I'd have to hide -- my DH bought me my extra machine for my birthday last year!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:08 PM

Can't say that I understand him being mad because you made a purchase. Has he purchased anything lately? Socks, underwear, food, a little wet nourishment? I am not understanding hiding it. If the purchase is justified, what is the issue with hiding it? Are you hiding it from him until you have it cleaned up it up and making sure it works before you spring it on him you made a purchase? Might he be madder over hiding it than the fact you spent money on another machine? I realize not all significant others support a sewing hobby and not all understand happy wife, happy life.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 PM

I love your post! Sounds like modern/pop psychology that lays the blame for our problems on everyone else!

However, I'd probably want to keep them both. That Domestic picture you put up looks great!

I've asked for a treadle for my silver anniversary present.....
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 PM

Ok, what does he covet? New drill, fishing weekend with his buds, promises of catering the next super bowl??? Make a trade!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Keep them both and complain to your DH about that nasty friend of yours who held a gun to your head and forced you to shell out money for that machine that you would never have bought on your own except for that sneaky female who tricked you into going out with her and it was all her fault for forcing you out of your house when all you really wanted to do was stay home and bake a cherry pie for your DH to eat with his dinner when he came home from working so hard, and you know that he's such a darling that he won't let you go buy a gun to shoot your friend because friends are really hard to come by but the ones who makes you buy buy buy are not that good of a friend but then over the years you will know that you did the right thing by buying anything connected with sewing
hehehe....
:thumbup: :thumbup: Love it. BrendaK
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle
I have a 1943 Domestic. Mine has the crinkle finish. I wouldn't give it up for nothing. Paid $20.00 for mine. The table is being refinished now. Keep all your machines. :thumbup:
I have that one, too. I am putting it into a table this weekend.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 AM

Keep them!