Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Upset!! >

I'm Upset!!

I'm Upset!!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:34 AM

I do hafta say that I'm loving those of you that refer to Marie as "young"!! She's going to be 51 in October...3 years younger than me...thanks Ladies!! :D
Old 04-03-2010, 05:53 AM

Parts of this discussion are making me wonder if I'm the baby of the group ;). I'm 40, born in August 1969.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:58 AM

I like Marie Osmond.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:59 AM

When I needed a new machine, I asked every quilter I know about their machines. I ended up with a Janome because some quilters I really admire recommended it. Celebrities do nothing for me.

RaptureReady - I love the quilt that you use in your name/picture - what is the pattern?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:01 AM

I too am sad to see Kaye WOods not with Janome again. She has been around quilting forever. But just like Mark Lipinski leaving Quilter's World...we don't know what transpired. Reading their blogs on their website might shed some light. People think because a celebrity advertises for them we will run out...but then some of us follow the tabloids...LOL
Old 04-03-2010, 06:22 AM

I love it too, thinkin you should probably share, LOL
Old 04-03-2010, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
why trash Marie Osmond? how do you know whether or not she sews? do you live next door to her?

if Nutrasystem worked for her, why shouldn't she endorse it? more power to her for admitting to herself and the world that she had gotten fat. good for her trying to spread the word about something she knows works. and why shouldn't she get paid for that?

how do you know Janome didn't have a good reason to end its relationship with Kaye Wood. how do you know Kaye Wood didn't end it?

i'm reading a lot of huffing, puffing and opinion here, but not a single fact. :hunf:
I agree here. I would bet she does sew. Kaye Wood is good, but none of us know why she left PBS. Be open-minded and give Marie a chance.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by lorli
When I needed a new machine, I asked every quilter I know about their machines. I ended up with a Janome because some quilters I really admire recommended it. Celebrities do nothing for me.

RaptureReady - I love the quilt that you use in your name/picture - what is the pattern?
Thank you,
The original was from Clothilde and called Sunset. However, I didn't like theirs so I didn't order the pattern. I sat down with some graph paper and came up with my own version. I call mine Frames (I'm a painter too and it seemed to fit) So many pm'd me for the directions that I put on a thread called "Directions for Frames quilt (my avy)." I was honored that so many people wanted the directions but I was typing them in 3-4 times a day, hence the thread. Hope you can find it if you want.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:51 AM

I am sorry to hear that so many of you are down on Martha Stewart. I know she has not been the best model in the past but I do think she paid for her mistakes big time in prison and money loss.
I have met Martha on 3 occasions here in Maine because I live only 8 miles away from her. She comes to the public library and the farmers market and does not look for special treatment. She has been very friendly in conversation and attitude.
Also, I have to say that I have been following Martha on the Internet and TV for decades. I am now 71 years old and have to thank her for so much of what has made a pleasant life style for us. She has taught me so many things that I would not have space enough to name them all here.
We are not supposed to judge and we are supposed to forgive no matter what the issue. I personally think Martha is a fine person who made some mistakes along the way, but she also has done a LOT of good!
Please don't be so harsh.

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I'm going to play devils advocate here. Do you think it might be because Janome is trying to reach a further audience than just quilters? I know Marie is well known for her dolls and the costumes they wear. Don't know if she actually makes them or not, but that could be a whole new area for Janome. I'm not an expert on any of this by any means!!!! I also don't buy something just because a celebrity endorses it, but I will often give something a second look if I am familiar with the celebrity's "style" of things and I have liked them in the past. For example, Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Paula Dean, ect (sticking with the household stuff). I actually have no idea who Kaye Woods is! Just a thought.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:56 AM

I personally find being condescended to and sneered at annoying, nor do I have the time, money, or OCD required to follow all Her Majesty Martha's edicts. I have better things to do with my time than color-coordinate my pets with my buildings, for example