Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Upset!! >

I'm Upset!!

I'm Upset!!

Old 04-03-2010, 07:05 AM

I also do devil's advocacy work, and agree with MNquilter - I don't know any of the details and personally don't care who "endorses" it...I don't purchase because someone else told me to, I purchase after I do the research...and even tho I have a machine that has the name of our "quilt-in-a-day-diva" on it, I didn't buy it for that reason. (Did you notice that I can't even remember her name oops!) Since these decisions are made at very high levels, I doubt that any of us will every know for sure why Kaye Wood is no longer with Janome..and for me it doesn't matter...
Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Marie or not, when I buy a new machine I want a Janome. I don't know any celebrities. I've met Eleanor Burns and she seemed like a lovely person and probably is---that doesn't mean that throwing scraps over her shoulder onto the floor doesn't still irritate me. ;-)
Yeah, those scraps on the floor! I wonder if she sweeps up after the taping or production crew? I love Eleanor Burns show and hubby actually sits and watchs with me. I love Kaye Woods too and was wondering what happened to her programs. Celebrities' doing commericals doesn't influence my buying. Now if a product is in Consumer Reports, then I'll check it out if it's something I think I need. On big purchases I do a lot of homework before buying.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 AM

Well, if this is the way most of you feel, maybe I don't belong on this Quilting Board. O never felt condescended to or sneered at the times I was in Martha's company. I don't have the time and money to follow everything but lots of times Martha's ideas have helped me to find another less expensive way of doing something and that was really rewarding. Sorry you feel the way you do.
quote=Seanette]I personally find being condescended to and sneered at annoying, nor do I have the time, money, or OCD required to follow all Her Majesty Martha's edicts. I have better things to do with my time than color-coordinate my pets with my buildings, for example[/quote]
Old 04-03-2010, 07:20 AM

I'm sorry an opinion differing from yours troubles you so greatly.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:26 AM

It is not the difference of opinion that bothers me, it is the fact that so many people I have encountered over the years are not able to see the talent and forgive the error.
If I have offended you, I apologize.
Originally Posted by Seanette
I'm sorry an opinion differing from yours troubles you so greatly.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:46 AM

Her "talent" is not relevant to my REAL life and is presented in a way I find personally highly annoying.

What bothers me is that I was made to feel like I was driving you away by daring to dislike Her Majesty. I'm sure I like some people/things you find obnoxious or distasteful, but last I knew, there's room for differing opinions in a group without someone deciding that that difference means someone needs to leave.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 AM

[quote=Seanette]I couldn't care less what celebrity is pitching what product, unless I find the person in question (e.g. Paris Hilton) so utterly disgusting that I will refuse to buy anything they're shilling because I don't want any of my money finding my way into the offensive spokesperson's pocket.

I totally agree. It's like Paula Deen. Just because she says its good doesn't mean it is. I wanted to buy a sewing machine case & the Marie Osmond was way too expensive.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:48 AM

Reminder - WHY we are on this site - let's play fair and well with each other - there is too much bitterness in the world, don't you agree?
Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Reminder - WHY we are on this site - let's play fair and well with each other - there is too much bitterness in the world, don't you agree?
I agree, I'm sure nobody meant to hurt anybody's feelings, we care too much for that. As for me, I still love my Baby Lock LOL
Old 04-03-2010, 08:18 AM

RaptureReady - I love the quilt that you use in your name/picture - what is the pattern?[/quote] Still waiting for your answer, LOL Cuz I KNOW you have nothing better to do on a sunny Saturday :)