Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm a VIP at Jo-Anns >

I'm a VIP at Jo-Anns

I'm a VIP at Jo-Anns

Old 08-09-2010, 10:33 AM

Books in a mess: Our Hancocks is like that, too. Seems no one ever bothers to try to straighten them up and customers never put them back in the right section. I was looking for something the other day and thought they need to run a special sale on books just to get some of them sold so they can reorganize what's left.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Getting the VIP card costs you nothing at all. You don't have to use it.

Obviously, if you have a 40 percent coupon it would be more sensible to use the coupon. Equally obviously, if you don't have a 40 percent coupon, getting at least 10 percent is something instead of nothing. And, since the 40 percent coupons are only good on one item, if you are going to buy several other things, the 10 percent is good on those.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 AM

Money is tight here as well but if you renew early you can get the membership for $19.95. I just did it by calling their customer service number.

If you want to do it online you put in the code PH-1KADC for the discount. A nice little savings.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 AM

I have a VIP Card from my Quilt Guild. The JoAnns here has you show a photo ID to be sure you are the person that the card was issued too. Too many people were giving there cards out to other people to use that did not have one.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:03 PM

I've had a VIP card for years now. And of course the general rule is that you get an additional 10% off your entire purchase but it will not always apply to items that you use your 40% coupons on. But I obtained my VIP card from JoAnn's when I registered my state/city licensed business with them for tax exemption. It does sweeten the pot a bit and makes the possibility of earning a profit possible. There are two cards I know that is offered by JoAnn's - one for teachers, so anyone that teaches, even those that home school can ask for one - the manager will state what is needed to get one - I recommend you call ahead and get a name. The other is for licenses businesses and I did have to give them a copy of my state license to receive it. But once it is on file, you get it right then to use on your purchase and you are on file for about 1 year and I beleive that is from August 1st through July 31st. I applied for mine in Arizona and have had no probelm using it in all the neighboring states, so far.
Ask for one, all they can do is say no or tell you what is needed to file for one.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM

That's a great question....I do the same thing here in Dallas
Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 PM

I have been getting the 10% discount cards for years. When you enroll in AQS or the national quilt guild (I can't think of the name) they send you the card. JoAnne doesn't give out discounts to guild members. You need the little green paper 10% off card. I believe it is well worth joining the guild as I am always spending at JoAnn's. Also even if you use the 40 or 50% off coupon, you still get the 10% off, as long as the JoAnn's store coupon is not a percentage off the total.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by shamrock
Did you all get your VIP card? I live 30 miles from a store, so I'm not a frequent shopper, and maybe a little cynical. But now-I can save 10% (covers the tax) once I activate my card, show proof of membership and PHOTO ID (?) I understand photo id at my Dr's office, but at JoAnn's??????? Anything pricey there I use my coupons for 40-50%.
Maybe its my Saturday morning brain. Also, is anyone a member of QCA or QNN? What do you think of them? Most of it comes thru QNN, the video's, etc. I like Quilt Out Loud.
I received my 10% VIP card for Jo-Anns when I paid for my membership to the QCA. I believe it was part of that package. I use it all the time! Every little bit helps....
Old 08-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Welp, I just got the e-mail. And, after the money I've spent with them, I better get one! ;0)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:41 PM

I received my VIP card through the Sewing Guild and the Quilter's Club of America. At my Joann's I can use the 10% card and all coupons - so sometimes it's quite a savings.