Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting >

Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting

Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting

Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 AM

Contact the Postmaster General. Let them know this is the reason they are losing business to other ways of delivery of mail & packages. Also let them know that you know that it is a Federal crime for anyone to mess with the mail. Even their own workers.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 AM

I love my postal carrier. He came to the door when we first moved in-introduced himself to me and the fur babies. He is wonderful. Leaves packages on the porch if I am not at home and a notice in the box so I don't miss them. He is great.

As for KSQ-my BFF and I did a destination trip up to NH to visit the shop and spent w-a-a-y too much money. But what a wonderful shop and great service people. Wish I lived closer as I would bankrupt my DH by shopping there! I do use the mail and order from them but it is not the same as being able to interact with the gals there.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM

They have great service and great products...Keepsake quilting I mean, not the postal lady!!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:00 PM

You could have my postal carrier, he scans all tracked packages first thing in the morning when he loads them so he doesn't have to do it when he leaves them at the door, so there's no proof that they were actually left at the door. I've not received several things because he insists he left them at the door but the delivery scan time stamp says like 5:00 a.m. and he doesn't deliver at 5:00 a.m. I waited 8 months for a package once that was just sitting somewhere in the post office and was eventually delivered to me in tatters.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:23 PM

I'm sure the postal 'service' employee is following his/her own standards. I live in rural Illinois and my postal carrier drives all the way up my long drive to deliver packages. If he knows I am home, he will bring the rest of the mail, if he's not sure he will leave the package tucked in a secure location and leave me a note in the mailbox telling me he left it and where. He is fantastic and much appreciated by all his customers !
Old 01-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Contact the Postmaster General. Let them know this is the reason they are losing business to other ways of delivery of mail & packages. Also let them know that you know that it is a Federal crime for anyone to mess with the mail. Even their own workers.
My hubby is a retired letter carrier for the Postal Service. He got out of there when the Postal Service really started going down hill. Most carriers are terribly overworked...the Postal Service is combining routes and making the carriers work overtime just to get the mail delivered. I know that there are lots of lazy workers and the horror stories of them throwing mail in trash bins just so they don't have to deliver it abounds. But overworked or not the mail must go through...isn't that the motto that the Postal Service used to spout? Contact the PostMaster General.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:52 PM

My mail carrier leaves me a message that my "dog" was out - even though there is no one home to let him out & I have to go to the PO to pick up the package (which is usually closed by the time I get home from work!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:07 PM

I to have had bad experiences with P.O. as well as other places they forget who really pays them it is us as we patronize these places no wonder places are going out of business and I have a friend with a small taco shop and she has a very hard time finding anyone who really wanrs to work
Old 01-18-2012, 06:26 PM

Well seeing on the news and on YouTube I can't believe some delivery people.........calla
Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Has anyone actually called the P.O. with a legit complaint and found any one that seemed to care ? but sometimes not caring has an upside. I got a registered letter notice and I called and asked who it was from and the worker told me with just my say so of who I was.