Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting >

Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting

Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting

Old 01-18-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
One of our members failed to get her newsletter over and over; at least 4 or 5 times a year the post office would return her newsletter to me. We double checked and everything about her address was correct. To solve this, we put HER return address label on the newsletter so that when the post office didn't deliver it to HER, it was returmed to HER! We laughed and laughed about this! Can you believe it?????
THAT is hysterical!!!!

After reading all of these stories, I'm going to tip my mail lady. I don't care if it's too late for Christmas. She drives slowly in my neighborhood, she doesn't race around like the substitute drivers do. She will bring packages to the door if they're too big for the box. We have another house down the street with the EXACT same address (house number and street number) as ours, except they're on a "loop" and we're on a "street". I can always tell when she has a day off because we get the other family's mail on those days.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:22 PM

I am so sorry that so many of you have had problems with carrier delivery. I would go online to www.usps.com and file a complaint. The Postmaster will have to answer it. Unfortunately, there are some very bad carriers out there. If the Postmaster isn't notified, he or she will never know and be able to do something about the problem. It should be called to their attention. Not all postal employees are this way...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 PM

I'm a Postmaster and that is totally unexceptable. The carrier has to answer to the Postmaster and if the Postmaster doen't know what is taking place they can't do anything about it. I don't know what size your home office is, but you can file a complaint and with the way things are today, the Post Office takes them serious. Carriers with that attitude need to get themselves another job. I have a small office and the day before Christmas I called everyone that had a package and waited (off the clock) for them to come and pick-up there items. One customer drove 20 miles one-way. I guess what I'm saying is don't boo the P.O. until both the Postmaster and carrier have failed. Some of us work very hard to make our customers happy.
Coleen
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=ewegal;4888756]I'm a Postmaster and that is totally unexceptable. The carrier has to answer to the Postmaster and if the Postmaster doen't know what is taking place they can't do anything about it.

What you say is correct but what is reality is that nothing gets done, usually complaints gets a shrug and a so sorry but please move on. I had mail stolen from my mailbox everyday for a week while I was at work. The post office said it was a police matter. The police took a report and told me to get a p. o. box if I wanted to keep my mail from being stolen. The young policeman said he didn't think it was a federal crime anymore to steal mail.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 AM

that is not right of the postal service. ever heard of this. if it doesn't fit in the box ours will bring it to the door.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:28 AM

To further explain our complaint regarding our postal carrier, I want to tell you that my husband did speak to the PM at our office in La Grange, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago in Cook County). Even after his complaint, my package sat at the post office and was returned to sender. I have written my complaint to the USPS customer service office after many of you urged me to do so.

I also want to say that we have a second home in Grantsburg, WI (population 1000). The post office and carriers here are wonderful. If our package is too large for our box out front, they drive all the way back and deliver it to us by hand. The post office worker will even call us to be sure that we are in town before delivering our packages.

I do realize that the problem in La Grange is an isolated problem. We have in the past had a wonderful postal carrier who became a friend (La Grange). I actually posted this story in order to let all of my quilting friends know how wonderful the Keepsake Quilting staff treated me. I so appreciate their kindness and prompt response. Yolanda Wood River
Old 01-19-2012, 07:46 AM

I have a decent mail person. HOWEVER, not thrilled with the Fed Ex guy. Drops the package and doesn't even ring the bell. And....UPS once left a $2500 camera lens at a neighbors porch, no ring, no questions, and we were home.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM

And here I thought I had problems when the PO leaves my packages in front of the garage instead of walking 12 feet to the covered porch!! At least they do deliver. shame on them!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:12 AM

I buy many times from Keepsake Quilting and I am also very happy with their service. They have lovely materials! I didn't know that they were under new ownership.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 AM

i see so many things in Keepsakes catalog that I would love to order. I will one day.:-) waiting to win the lottery.
My DD and I were just talking about the PO. I need to send her a photo of the box I got. Looks like someone used it to stand on and there was a big Perishable label on it. Huh? And the po here kept meds I ordered for my dog sitting in the PO in norfolk for over 7 days. I ended up reordering and of course they got here the day After the new order.