Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's a Mystery >

It's a Mystery

It's a Mystery

Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM

I'll tell you how to find it. Go buy some more. It will show up like the run away child it is, not understanding why got some new when there was already so much to love. I'm not kidding
Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM

I like Gwyn's suggestion. :roll:
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 PM

Right now I can't find a package of rotary cutter blades I bought last week. I know I brought them into my sewing room and put them in a safe place. TOO SAFE I guess!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:58 AM

10 YARDS OF FABRIC IS NOTHING, I'VE LOST A SERGER.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

I sure knows how that goes, seems like the story of my life.
2 years ago i made an adorable locker-hooked snowman rug for my daughter who collects snowmen for christmas, of course around christmas time i could not find it anywhere, a whole year goes by another christmas approaching and still have not come across that dog-gone rug..i'm thinking someone walked off with it?!?....so, here we are in July of the 3rd year...and low and behold...I FOUND THE RUG!!!!YEA!!! we cleaned out the garage a week ago, and it was HOT so i did not go through some boxes in a cabnet out there figured i'd take them in one at a time and sort them in the evening...last night i carry in a box that has my son's name on it...hubby says, did you get that out of the rafters? (that's where Jeremy's stuff is stored) I tell him know, it was in that cabnet in the garage...going to see what's in it...well, along with the rug were other fabric scraps, a couple fabric bowls...a couple books...i guess for the past 2 1/2 years i never checked that box because it had Jeremy's name on it...that'll teach me...when i pack a box, change the writing on the box!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 AM

I call it sometimers. I seem to do it a lot.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:31 AM

I can't find 3 yard of black fabric I bought at my LQS. It was the good satin finish. It is crazy!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 AM

It happens to me all the time. I just thought it was old age setting in. 9 times out of 10, when I do find the "mystery" object, I find I had been moving it around looking for it!! Now, that really must be old age!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:53 AM

Well, it's reassuring to know there are others out there like me. I don't know how many times I've put something in a "logical" or "safe" place, but the minute I turn around it's right out of my head...hopefully to be found again someday. :D
Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 AM

Unlike most of our fellow message board readers, I'm not so sure the muslin will turn up. I think it went to that Great Warehouse For Lost Items, probably stored right next to the Ark of the Covenant. It's been 3 years since I last saw my big stack of photos I took of Arlington Cemetery right after 9-11. Probably in the Great Warehouse, too.