Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's a Mystery >

It's a Mystery

It's a Mystery

Old 07-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Haven't finished all the posts...hope you have found it by now.....Look among the white fabric that you have,,,it's there.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 PM

Every time I clean my sewing room, something hides from me...that should teach me to not clean. It would save time and frustration... LOL!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Rest assured - it will be in the last place you look ;)
Yep, Murphy's Law
Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 AM

mistake
Old 07-23-2010, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
A while back I decided to buy some unbleached muslin to have on hand for backings, practicing FMQ, etc. Can't remember where I bought it but I do remember that the person who cut it did a lousy job of folding. Brought it home and it sat in my messy sewing room for quite a while before I got around to re-folding and putting it away. Well. . . tonight I went looking for that muslin and for the life of me I can't remember where I put it. Mind you it's not a small piece - about 8-10 yards as I recall. I even straightened up the sewing room (a little) and looked in all the usual places. Still can't find it. And my house is small so there aren't that many places for things to hide. It will be interesting to see where it turns up. :lol:
It's probably where you left it. :-D
Old 07-23-2010, 04:14 AM

Happened to me recently. My nephew and his bride had given me some wedding pictures. Brought them home and "put them up"(haha). Two days later when I thought of them again, could not find them. Usually put everything on dining room table that is important, until I can put it where it goes, Nope, not there. Looked on the dining room table, in my vehicle,under the seats, in the console, in the refrigerator(doesn't everyone keep their pictures in the frig). Honestly when came home with the pictures had some salads in my hands that needed to go in the frig so thought I might have put the pics in there also. Looked on the dining room table again. Went dumpster diving,trash day so trash was out by the street,just barely daylight out by the street in my housecoat and gown, hair uncombed digging through trash, NOPE. Back to house looked everywhere(obviously not), still did not find. Got new trash bag went to dumpster again, got top trash bag took it to the porch and went through it piece, putting pieces in new trash bag, still did not find. Took both trash bags back to dumpster, when I came in the house, the light bulb over my head came on, they were in the sewing room, sure enough I found them on my sewing table. You will find the muslin right after you go out and buy more.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:18 AM

Look for something else. Works for me. When I 'loose' someting, I look for something else and it's revealed!!! every time!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
Happens to everyone. I usually have that trouble with Christmas gifts. I hide them and can't find the darn things when its time to wrap them. lol
Oh my goodness! I did the same thing. Waited until Christmas Eve to wrap the kids presents, ages 1,3,5, and I couldn't find them. I was frantic for about an hour!! Guess what! Found them right where I put them!!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by penski
cant wait till you find it to let us know !!!!
I FOUND IT!
I was actually looking for something else that went missing (found that too) and there it was. Just like everyone said, pretty much in plain sight. However, now I don't need it. I made my FMQ practice piece out of a scrap that turned up during the search.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:42 AM

I have a mischievious old lady (invisible) who lives in my house. She moves my things, drinks my coffee, hides my scissors......Maybe she paid you a visit ;)