Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's a Mystery >

It's a Mystery

It's a Mystery

Old 07-23-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by CountryStitching
I have a mischievious old lady (invisible) who lives in my house. She moves my things, drinks my coffee, hides my scissors......Maybe she paid you a visit ;)
That lady has been living in my house for quite some time.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:32 AM

I got a good chuckle out of your story! I needed something today to make me laugh, so thanks.

I lost a quilting book I have just recently bought. Still haven't found that. I don't think it got in the trash, but I'm not going through it either. I'll just do without it. I looked through all my quilting books but just can't locate it. I've got only one more place to look and then scream!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 AM

I usually do a general house cleaning till I find the lost object
Glad you found it, tho.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 AM

I am actually determined to clean up my craft room once and for all.

I am going to do the whole ruler folding for the fabric. It looks like it is a space saver and it is so much better looking than the disaster I have going on right now..

And move the yarn stash out of the craft room and in to my bedroom closet - I am fortunate to have his & hers walk in closets :) Yes, it is dreamy!!

It is going to be a huuuuuge undertaking but I'm going to do it and smile when I'm done - and hopefully I'll be able to find all sorts of things that have gone missing over the past few years!

Okay.. I say this all now.. check back a month from now lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 AM

So can you tell me where DGD's quilt fabric is? She's 4 months already. DD and I bought it together last fall. It's still in the bag.....I think???
Old 07-23-2010, 11:39 AM

Hid my diamonds once -to be remounted-2 yrs later found them but now that jeweller closed.
I think your fabric took all my quilt photo's with it. I have not been able to get back to work as I spend time searching for them.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:53 AM

Sounds like my mom-use to hide things from us-like the Coke (the drink, of course!) in the oven-found it when she turned it on to bake and guess what!!!!! That cured her of THAT hiding place! My DH is the worst for putting something (like my computer photos of my quilts etc) in what he thinks at the time is a logical place, then quickly forgets where he put it-happens to him all the time!!!!Is it possible you used it and forgot???
Old 07-23-2010, 11:54 AM

I think we all have done that, saying I will put this here so I KNOW where it's at!! And forget.. it's called CRS.. "Can't remember Stuff" :) Hope you find it soon.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:25 PM

I've also heard it called "CRAFT" syndrom -- "Can't remember an "effing" thing!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patched
Happened to me recently. My nephew and his bride had given me some wedding pictures. Brought them home and "put them up"(haha). Two days later when I thought of them again, could not find them. Usually put everything on dining room table that is important, until I can put it where it goes, Nope, not there. Looked on the dining room table, in my vehicle,under the seats, in the console, in the refrigerator(doesn't everyone keep their pictures in the frig). Honestly when came home with the pictures had some salads in my hands that needed to go in the frig so thought I might have put the pics in there also. Looked on the dining room table again. Went dumpster diving,trash day so trash was out by the street,just barely daylight out by the street in my housecoat and gown, hair uncombed digging through trash, NOPE. Back to house looked everywhere(obviously not), still did not find. Got new trash bag went to dumpster again, got top trash bag took it to the porch and went through it piece, putting pieces in new trash bag, still did not find. Took both trash bags back to dumpster, when I came in the house, the light bulb over my head came on, they were in the sewing room, sure enough I found them on my sewing table. You will find the muslin right after you go out and buy more.
While cleaning out Mom's house, my #2 sister got one of Mom's diamonds (stored in a little baggie). The rest of us four sisters didn't think to much of it until the next morning when #2 pitched a fit saying that it was lost. The rest of us, without a word, spent the next 4 hours combing thru the dumpster only to discover that the diamond had been safely placed in her purse. She very nearly got pitched into the dumpster....