Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's Saturday - What are you sewing today? >

It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

Old 08-21-2011, 05:42 PM

So sorry for your loss :)
Old 08-21-2011, 05:48 PM

Well, it's not Saturday anymore but yesterday after having a very nice bbq with 2 of my ds's, my sister and all their "significant others", I settled down with a pattern for a tote bag that I am going to make for another ds's girlfriend for her birthday. Studied it last night, figured out what I needed to get from the fabric store and then today I went and got the rest of the material I needed and then came home and cut it out. I will sew a little on it each night this week and hope to get it into the mail next weekend. Wish me luck.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM

I have just finished my 3rd charity quilt for this month.
Just the binding left to do on last one. I will get a picture off soon as I can. May have to wait for one of the great grand kids to do it for me.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
Thanks everyone. We knew it was coming (she had non-hodgkins lymphoma), but didn't expect it to be as quick as it was. She is in a better place and we know that, but she had been my mother-in-law for 40 years, so we were close. I was the daughter she never had. She just had 2 sons. But she's not suffering now and that's what matters. We will miss her, heal and go on.
How fortunate you were to have such a close relationship with your mother in law. My heart goes out to you.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by JulieR
I am gearing up for a long afternoon in the sewing room, trying to work on a quilt for my niece that's been one discouraging mistake after another. But this project is important to me, so I WILL make progress today! I have four of the blocks ripped that need re-pieced, so that's my goal for this afternoon. I will tackle the rest of the blocks another time, for my sanity's sake. :)

What are you sewing today?
Hate to admit it after reading the post regarding quilts that give you the creeps but I am working on a scrappy log cabin,lol.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:44 PM

Yesterday I went to my quilt group at church called Peace by Piece. I pieced the back of and layered a baby quilt. Then I made a lil' twister Christmas wreath top. Hopefully, Wednesday, it won't be too hot and I can get it quilted. I'm making wreath wall hangings and mug rugs with matching mugs for Christmas presents this year. Today, I was home with a headache. It was too hot upstairs to be in my sewing room :-( so I didn't get any done today. Even missed church.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:29 AM

Morning, where did you find the Lil Twister Wreath Pattern it sounds nice.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 AM

I too just finished two Quilts for Kids quilts, love doing those. In between those I make one for my great-grandbabies (11), I can't catch up, there is a new one everytime I turn around. Would like to put picture of quilts on but need a grandchild to do it for me. I have mastered the kindle for reading, yea for me. Keep up the good work for charity quilts.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 PM

mending
Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 PM

I'am working on a mini quilt that I've name, the farmers wife. I haven't quilted sice about 20 yrs ago. So this is kind of new again for me.