Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Janome 6600P price at Dealer store

I paid $2400 for the Horizon 7700 with the table!!!

I wanted a Janome 350e and wanted to buy close to my home, but I called another dealer further away from me and got his best price. Then when I went in to the place where I wanted to buy I said, I was talking to X and I am wondering if you can do better than his price... it worked!

I think Allbrands ships free. Checkwith allbrands.com. They usually have good prices.

C.
    HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!! I paid $1400. for mine five years ago. Please shop around if he doesn't come down to at LEAST this price. I shudder to think what he would charge for the Horizon. I do hope you find one at a reasonable price as it is the "BEST" machine I have (3 ohter Janomes and 3 FF). You will LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. So good luck to you quilting sister...

are you sure that wasnt a Horizion??? that is what they cost. I paid 1500 or 1600 2 1/2 yrs ago and got the table with it.

I am going to check the dealer here. cant today, because Dad is having 2nd surgery on achillies heel today. will check tomorrow.

Dealer is asking way too much. I bought my Janome 6600 almost a year ago and paid $1000.00. I had ask the local quilt shop to keep an eye out for trade-ins and within a week he called and said a lady had come in to upgrade and had only used the Janome 2 times. I got free lessons and I love all of the different stitches and attachments. You might want to consider looking around and doing some research.

I am a horrible haggler. I just decide what price I can afford, then tell the owner. "I have $1200 for that machine. Is that good?" He said yes, and I took it :)

I think I am in the minority though. I don't think I *must* have a local dealer. I buy online, at the cheapest price. If I need help, there are enough forums and yahoo groups to get help. And even getting tutored at $50/hour, I can get a LOT of help for the difference in prices.

Good luck. It is a wonderful machine.

Pat

Blog Entries
    I paid 1200 and my sil paid 1400 with all the attachments.I am not sure if she got the table to. I know that is what she was going to ask for.

I researched machines online for a gift for my granddaughter. Then I went to a Janome dealer's shop to get input on which machine to buy. When I decided on one and she quoted a price, I showed her the price I found online and she sold me the machine for that price!

Way too high, you can get the 7700 for almost that. My 6600 was 1699.00 and I thought that was pretty high. Probably can get a trade in for 999.00 for a 6600.

This machine still lists for 1999. Remember you are purchasing help as well as a dealer.

Buy it off the internet like Amazon/e-bay. A lot cheaper

Blog Entries
    I just looked on Amazon and they sell them for $1199.00

Just foundhttp://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...6/product.html this one for $1100 range.

Blog Entries
    My DH and I are full time RVers and not in any location to stop, shop and buy with lessons on how to use the 6600P. So, I bought one from a .com in the area we lived in. They ship anywhere. Paid approx 1000 for brand new machine with full warranty. This was fine for me but lessons would have been great.

I just saw one on ebay. Bidding is about $800 on it now.

I don't think you need to do any research after all these responses.
    You could print out your posting as back up to what you want to pay. Don't be afraid to "haggle" with the dealer. I always view it as he wants to get as much of my money as possible, and I won't allow that to happen. Know what you're talking about when you go back to the dealer, but most important, be willing to walk away.
    Good luck!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    check allbrands.com....

After a home show that my LQS set up at they sold the display/test models for a great reduction and they were like new. I got a fantastic deal on mine!

Check O.Com their prices are very reasonable and are backed by the manufacture warranty.

Try Allbrands.com. They sell Janomes and their prices are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrab64
    I want to upgrade my machine and test drove a Janome 6600P which was a lot of fun! Dealer is asking $2100 which I now know after looking at a QB posts that this is pretty high. How do you 'haggle' with a dealer? What would be a reasonable price to get down to? Can anyone suggest some good haggling lines? Man, I want a new machine bad but don't want to seem to eager!
    $1400.00 is where the price should be
    offer $1,000 plus trade in

Hi...I bought mine second hand from a dealer about two months ago and paid 500...($770) ....I know I am in the Uk...but two things I thought...
    1. Aren't the prices sort of set by Janome so that there shouldn't be that much variation between prices for new machines...although with a trade in it does make a difference.
    2. In the last few months the 7700 and the now the 12000 have come out which will probably mean the price will fall for new 6600 machines and also there should be some really good second hand bargains out there at dealers from people trading up.

Less than a year ago, I paid $1400 for my 6600p with all attachments and extension table included. When I was test-driving, I did notice a lot of dealers wanted to charge separately fot the ext table , but it comes pakged in original box! Love my machine!

great ideas here for you to get your machine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast