Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Janome 6600P price at Dealer store

I just priced a 6600 Janome last week, Janome has them on sale right now for $1588. if you pay cash with extension table.

I agree that it's good you did your homework. Don't let him kid you - machines of that price range are NOT flying out the door in this economy. If he wants to make a sale, and he knows your savvy enough to go elsewhere, I bet he'll deal!

One thing to consider when buying a sewing machine on the internet or out
    of town/out of state. Would your in-town dealer be willing to service a
    sewing machine that you bought elsewhere? I don't think you
    would like to pay the cost of shipping every time you need service.
    Service is more or as important as the price of the sewing machine.
    Just a thought. :)

Quote Originally Posted by boohoofish
    I paid $1600 a little over a year ago and its dropped considerably since then. I would think $1200 a reasonable price.
    That's about what I paid in January

I just bought one yesterday...I paid $1497 including SC tax and, from what I can learn, it was an okay deal. It was from my local dealer, and he's always stood behind any product I bought from him and takes good care of me after the sale as well. That's as important to me as a decent price!

I just bought a 6600 this last weekend and spent $1750.00. I could have gotten one on ebay for cheaper but I thought it was a good idea to buy it from the dealer so I can go to classes in his shop whenever I need instruction. Also, if anything went wrong with the machine, I could go back to the shop and he would fix it for free (this shop has been in business over 40 years-grandfather-father-son...I met all 3 of them). He is a Janome dealer. Hope I did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    $2100 for a Janome 6600 P? You must be kidding.
    No way, way too much money.

I paid $1200 for mine, got all the attachments and the extension bed.

If the dealer has the machine this high, he may not want to haggle. Ask him what his lowest price is. If he does not come down to the $1200 - 1800 range, go elsewhere.
    I agree! I paid 1200 for mine which came with all the feet in a neat little box. The only extra I spent was on the quilting foot that everyone hates with the little edge. I got 3 classes with it at my LQS on all of its features.

Check your local Elna dealers. The Elna 7300 is virtually the same machine with a few added perks. I paid $1000 for mine and later bought the Janome table for $299. I know there's been a price increase in last year but $1200 seems more realistic.

May be he is dyslexic andhe got the 1 and 2 transposed. ....I would ask him....maybe this will shock him into reality.
    D in TX

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Diana
    May be he is dyslexic andhe got the 1 and 2 transposed. ....I would ask him....maybe this will shock him into reality.
    D in TX
    Haha! Good idea!

try Caroline's sewing room in Westbranch, Mi for great janome prices

Can you look somewhere else for it?

Call Pocono Sew & Vac (if you don't need lessons). 800-442-8227. I couldn't do without them!! Shipping is free for purchases over $150.

I paid $1600. a little over a year ago..check the net for deals on them, then make an offer to your dealer, but I am guessing, that dealer won't come down enough, you can get them alot cheaper, elsewhere. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. :thumbup:

Looked for Brubakers.com and it was a Trane site and said the site was For Sale.

Blog Entries
    There is a Yahoo group called SewItsForSale. I've seen the 6600 on there for less than a $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by vickimc
    are you sure that wasnt a Horizion??? that is what they cost. I paid 1500 or 1600 2 1/2 yrs ago and got the table with it.

I am going to check the dealer here. cant today, because Dad is having 2nd surgery on achillies heel today. will check tomorrow.
    Went by the quilt store here and got a price for you. $1699.00 hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    You got alot of great advise so far & I have been taking notes. Does this dealer offer and machine support, extended warranty, classes, free cleaning?

i got the brother innovis few years back and the dealer wanted almost 7000.-$ after looking around for awhile found one at a wholeseller for 4000.-$

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntiehenno
    Looked for Brubakers.com and it was a Trane site and said the site was For Sale.
    Here's the link: http://www.brubakerssewing.com/

I bought mine earlier this year from Brubakers. Wonderful folks to deal with. The 6600 is a fantastic machine!!!

I never haggle. If the seller doesn't have the decency to ask a fair price and would go so far as to "cheat" someone out of their hard-earned money, I won't do business with them.

Blog Entries
    Hello My Dear abc123retired...WHO is your dealer, do you have a phone number, address, name, etc for them. I live in Alaska and we DO NOT have prices even close to that. I don't need classes and do-dads, just a cheap price!! I'd appreciate any help from anyone on this site for a less expensive 6600p or (be still my heart!!) a 7700 horizon. Don't have a lot of money, but do love to quilt!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abc123retired
    My dealer has it for $1200.00 with the table. Your dealer must be planning on giving you LOADS of "free" classes and free service for 10 years.

Blog Entries
    Rambler, WHERE did you get a 6600p for $1,000. Please share that ".com" location or store or website and I will be forever grateful!!

Quote Originally Posted by rambler
    My DH and I are full time RVers and not in any location to stop, shop and buy with lessons on how to use the 6600P. So, I bought one from a .com in the area we lived in. They ship anywhere. Paid approx 1000 for brand new machine with full warranty. This was fine for me but lessons would have been great.

Blog Entries
    Sammy89, WHO, WHERE is that wholeseller, do you have any info, phone number, location, etc? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammy89
    i got the brother innovis few years back and the dealer wanted almost 7000.-$ after looking around for awhile found one at a wholeseller for 4000.-$

Blog Entries
    Wow, that is high. When I bought mine, I called the shops and got the price. The one I bought from had it for $1499 so I mentioned that I knew people online who had bought it for as little as 1200. They said they could take $100 off but that was it. So I went for it. The other shop I called wouldn't budge from the $1499 but tried to sell me used ones (which I wasn't interested in).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast