Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome come back from 1-yr maint full of dust bunnies????? >

Janome come back from 1-yr maint full of dust bunnies?????

Janome come back from 1-yr maint full of dust bunnies?????

Old 02-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Sounds like they tested the stitching and nothing else. How could they put it back together full of dust bunnies. Obviously they never opened it. Take it back and ask for it to be serviced. You may not have paid cash but you certainly paid with your donation of food. Don't let them get away with shoddy work or no work.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:01 PM

That also happened to me, I took my Bernina to a new maintenance person, and he said it was really packed with dust and lint - and thought that it had never been cleaned inside, even though I had taken it yearly to them to have it cleaned and oiled. I went to a quilting class, and the lady that was beside me - told me that same thing had happened to her at the same shop, then another of our classmates heard us talking and she said the same thing had happened to her at that shop as well - sounds like a fault with that particular shop, they will never get any of my machines again, nor will I purchase anything from them - so they just lost out on big $machine, as I just purchased a new Bernina 830 from another Bernina dealer in another town.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 PM

It definitely should be cleaned with your yearly maintenance. I would take it back and explain what happened when you opened it up.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:29 PM

I'd definitely take it back as well... This reminds me that all of my machines are overdue for cleanings. The small shop where I bought them all and had them serviced went out of business 1-1/2 years ago & I'm scared to go anywhere else! It's like trying to find a new doctor Don't want to turn over my machines to just anyone... Paranoid, a little, yes?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 AM

Call this person and tell him. Take it back.You pay for a good job,not a messy job.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 AM

I paid $65 for my maintenance, and it came back spotless. You should get your money back, and maybe go to a different place to have it maintenanced. And a question: How often does a machine need to be maintenanced?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
I talked with the owner this AM and she said it must have been given back by mistake before the tech serviced the machine as there were a bunch of same machines in for service. She said if I bring it back she will do it herself, right away! Can't ask for more than that!

So, it pays to look under the hood when they do the oil change!
Well, that sounds like a happy ending! We're all just human and things happen. They sound truly apologetic and are doing their best to make it right as quickly as possible. I'm happy for you it all got worked out.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:49 AM

Oh my, I always know they do something to mine. It just sounds better when I get it back. I know they take it apart in places I don't, like the area where the motor is and clean the dust out of it too. You shouldn't find dust bunnies anywhere unless you've done a good bit of sewing after they serviced it.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:21 AM

It is a happy ending - I'm going to take it back for the owner to finish the work herself. Can't ask more than that! I was a little nervous at first, figuring that I was getting a 'free' service in return for a donation of canned goods for the homeless.

I was interested to read the various experiences people have had. I suggest you all check to see that the work was done, as mistakes can happen.

If I had a mechanical machine I think I would not be afraid to unscrew it and give it a try, but the electronic part worries me too much.

Thanks for the encouragement - good luck with your maintenance/repairs!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 AM

Default Didn't you get a guarantee?

My Janome dealer gives me a 180 day guarantee, and they say when I picked it up if anything isn’t up to your liking bring it back. My Janome is a embroidery machine so it costs a lot more for them to adjust it. So for "the works" its $110.00; I had a coupon so it was $89.00. But they should completely oil it, vacuum out all dust and dust bunnies. I'd take it back for sure and see what they say. If you’re not happy with their response, go elsewhere. Few shops have in-house repair they send the machines out so if it's not right, and they are a good dealer, they'll want to know. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
Did they forget to open it up?

I picked it up last night, and went to put in the bobbin and noticed it was a little dusty. So, I unscrewed the throat plate and sure enough it was dusty and there were 'dust-bunnies' everywhere. I hadn't dusted in there since I changed the throat plate before the last project.

What the heck do they do at a 1-year maintenance?

I am going to call them at 10AM and find out, but I'd like to hear what you all think they should have done. I thought it was 'clean, oil, adjust as necessary' like 'oil, lube, filter' for my car