Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome or Juki? >

Janome or Juki?

Janome or Juki?

Old 01-08-2014, 05:59 AM

I have used & worn out several Janome sewing machines over the years. I've never had any problems with any of them & I sew almost everyday, some days many hours @ a time. I always clean the lent after each project or every other day & take it in for a through cleaning, adjusting & etc. every 6 - 12 months. The one thing I love about the Janome is the needle & bobbin tension stays & doesn't change on it's own.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 AM

I have the Janome 6500 and the Juki TL. My Juki sews rings around my Janome. It doesn't have all the fancy stitches, but if you want a heavy duty straight stitch machine that has a wonderful stitch and quilts beautifully, then this is the machine for you.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I have a Juki TL98Qe and I love it. Keep it oiled and clean and it will just keep sewing. Straight stitch only is all I do, so don't need fancy stitches.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:49 PM

I think juki is a more popular straight stitch, haven't heard much about the janome one, but everyone that has the SS jukis seem to adore them
Old 01-08-2014, 08:55 PM

I love my Juki! She is the 2010Q.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:05 AM

I have the Juki 2000 which is very similar to the 2010. I didn't feel the need for the extra bucks for what the 2010 offered. I absolutely adore my Juki. I use it all the time. I actually cringe when I have to take out my much more expensive Janome machine when I need a free arm or something other than straight stitch. You can't go wrong with it.

I'm not sure if you found a dealer to buy one but I do recommend Ken's in Muscle Shoals, AL. They're super nice to deal with and have really really good prices - and usually free shipping in the States.

I think you'd love the Juki. I swear by mine. I've posted a few times the list of things I bought for mine - 1/4" guide foot, binder attachment, etc. Love my Juki
Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I also have the Janome 1600P. FYI, the Brother 1500s is essentially the same machine. The Janome has a speed control, the Brother doesn't. The Brother has an auto needle threader, the Janome doesn't. I really like the needle threader, and I can control the speed with the foot pedal, so I prefer the Brother. Hope this helps.

p.s. What's the "QC" for? Mine is a "DB" which means it takes round needles.
Mine (QC) has a needle threader and a thread cutter. It also has the slide control for speed. I am not sure if that is what makes it the 1600P QC (I forgot the "P" in the model when I posted before). This model is now retired per Janome website. It also came with a knee lift lever, but as I bought mine used, that didn't make it into the box!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM

I'm just beginning quilting!! I'm very excited to get started... but am a bit confused as to which machine to purchase. I seem to be leaning toward the Janome 7700. Am wondering what the difference is between that and the the Horizon? My sweet hubby wants me to buy a great machine right from the get go! I would be grateful for any and all suggestions to start my journey!! Thanks so much!!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:03 AM

I went to test drive the Janome feeling confident that I would buy it, but I wasn't sold. So after reading about the Juki 2010 on here I drove out to test drive that one. For me there was no question the Juki was for me. It felt more solid, the thread didn't break, you can easily drop the feed dogs, it has the thread cutter on the foot pedal, no tension issues, SOLD! I want a frame for it now. It only goes straight but that's what I wanted it for, just a simple reliable beast of a machine. Good luck to you, enjoy the search.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:06 AM

Where did you get your binder attachment, Santa said he couldn't find one.

I think you'd love the Juki. I swear by mine. I've posted a few times the list of things I bought for mine - 1/4" guide foot, binder attachment, etc. Love my Juki [/QUOTE]