Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome ??? >

Janome ???

Janome ???

Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 AM

I've had two Janomes now ( the 4623LE and now the 6600).
They've both been great.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
Originally Posted by Darlene's
I have been checking out the Janome Memory Craft 6500P. Does anyone have this and if so what do you think about it ? All the reviews I've read and a video showing how some of the features work, everyone loves this machine !
I think I would really like it myself !!
I have had my 6500 since '04. LOVE IT! I started quilting in '03, and 'Jan' has seen me through lots of learning and trying new things. I have worked with heavy upholstery fabric, and denim and of course lots and lots of cotton, she sewed through all as if they were the same. I have used almost all the feet that it came with, plus have purchased a few more. Learning FM on her was a breeze (having her own Koala cabinet helped too). Her weight (and mine, lol) is the one draw back.

The 6500 will be your 'new best friend'.
No, the 6600 has a feature that has a built in walking foot where the 6500 doesn't. Yes you can use a walking foot on the 6500, but the 6600 is really cool with that special feature. The Horizon has it too.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
I have been checking out the Janome Memory Craft 6500P. Does anyone have this and if so what do you think about it ? All the reviews I've read and a video showing how some of the features work, everyone loves this machine !
I have had my 6500 since '04. LOVE IT! I started quilting in '03, and 'Jan' has seen me through lots of learning and trying new things. I have worked with heavy upholstery fabric, and denim and of course lots and lots of cotton, she sewed through all as if they were the same. I have used almost all the feet that it came with, plus have purchased a few more. Learning FM on her was a breeze (having her own Koala cabinet helped too). Her weight (and mine, lol) is the one draw back.

The 6500 will be your 'new best friend'.
No, the 6600 has a feature that has a built in walking foot where the 6500 doesn't. Yes you can use a walking foot on the 6500, but the 6600 is really cool with that special feature. The Horizon has it too.
Oh I see what you mean well I will have to check it out and compare them.ty
Old 12-23-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
I have the 6600 and the machines are pretty much identical. I would look at the 6600 for the walking foot feature.

There are a couple things I dont like. First the screw that attaches the ankle is ackwardly placed. Second it tends to have the thread come out of the uptake lever.
I also dislike the screw that attaches the ankle - I feel like I need three hands to change the foot attachment :) But otherwise I love my machine.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 AM

I have a Janome Memory Craft 4800, nothing fancy, and I love it.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:16 AM

I know two quilters who has a Janome, and both think their
machines are absolutely fabulous.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 AM

I have the 6600 and do have several issues with it. One is the tension does not stay consitant and I feel it takes up too much of my time to get it set right so often. It does seem to be that they could have done a lot better job with the uptake lever for the thread often pops out of it and makes a mess. I also don't like the way it leaves a nest of thread when srting to sew. It is heck trying to get the lower thread to pick up so it can be put to the side along with the upper thread. Personally I like piecing and quilting with my Juki so much better. The dealer I bought from is no help at all and had I known that, I would have bought on line and saved some hard earned money. JOPO
Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 AM

I have three Janome's I love them wouldn't have any other machine
Old 12-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

mine is the MC4800 and i love it too. no huge problems as of yet. but it just cost me $131.00 to get it cleaned!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

I can't say how you'd like the 6500 compared to the 6600, bc I have the 6600 and I have the 6260 quilters companion.
If I had a shot at a 6500 and it was a good deal and I didn't think I would be getting the same shot at another model, I'd go for it.
The Janomes are great in my book.
Husvarnas and Berninas are out of my price range, but I don't think I'll ever really miss them. I'm quite content...at least for now, lol! :XD: