Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnns honoring other stores coupons >

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

Old 07-08-2011, 03:05 PM

Our joann's will honor the above coupons but only on Items that those stores sell...So they are no good on fabric since those don't sell fabric...mostly craft items...and yarn
Old 07-08-2011, 03:14 PM

Any problems with coupons with Joanns, ask to speak to a manager!
Old 07-08-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Not Joanne's but I was just going over my Hancock's receipt where I had a 15% off total amount. I noticed that I didn't get 15% off the item that I used my 40% coupon on. The register did it automatically and instead of taking the 15% off the total amount, it deducted 15% off "each" item. I know registers are set up to calculate different ways but this seems misleading to me. I'm going to take my receipt back in and ask them why I didn't get the 15% off the 40% coupon item. It was the Senior Citizen discount and did not specify any exemptions...just said 15% off total order. I know it's a little amount but every bit counts in this economy. It might even mean that I can spend MORE with them.
Usually the stores do not apply the "% off total purchase" to items that have already been couponed. Make sure you read the fine print. I just looked at the sales flier and it says "Exclusions apply; cannot be combined with another non-sale discount or coupon; offer cannot be used for previous purchases, special orders or purchase of gift cards. Exlcudes Every Day Deals, Pintastic, irons, steamers, Sidewinder Bobbin Winder, sewing machines, tables, dress forms, sewing furniture." (emphasis mine)
Old 07-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Our Joann does honor other stores coupons. However if its on sale at their store you can't use a coupon. However if you are going to buy fabric with it you can't, since Michaels does not carry yardage.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

I'm sorry you ran into all those problems--stupid.

Also you will find in the flyer in the store there is a coupon on the inside of the front page. It is not in the flyer that comes in the mail. So always pick up a flyer at the store even though you get one in the mail
Old 07-08-2011, 04:14 PM

Ours will honor competitors coupons...but only if you don't have any of theirs...they don't double up on them!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:16 PM

I no longer shop JoAnns-- Sign in the door says they will meet competitors prices I get sale papers from J's and Hancock they had the EXACT same fabric/same mfg that I needed-to save 40 miles I went to J's at the check-out they did not honor their sign and looked at me like I was from Mars I left every thing on the counter and let the lady know I would be giving all my business to Hancocks and WalMart Thats 2 J stores out of 4 where the customer service was shabby and the other 2 stores lean towards crafts-hardly any quilting fabrics,And if I see a fab on sale I want from H I can call and ask them to cut it and pay for it and let them know I'll be there in a few days to pick it up.No problem :-)
Old 07-08-2011, 04:20 PM

I think all the stores need to get together and decide on ONE set of rules,instead of this chaos. In my case, some of the cashiers will take my 10% discount card and their store coupon and others will take one or the other. **confused**
Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 PM

One thing that I found out that I wouldn't have expected from Hancocks (not sure about Joanne's as we don't have one here) but most every business gives a 10% military discount. Several of the customers in line expressed the opinion that they should.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 PM

I travel 1 1/2 hours to the closest Joanns. I called them one day to find out what time they opened. Before I talked to anyone a recording came on saying they take competators coupons. (That was the other question I had) I have used Hobby Lobby's and Hancocks coupons at Joanns. I get the ones that say 40% off a single cut of fabric or 40% off any one notion. Doesn't say anything about it needing to be the same fabric at both stores. I have never had a problem.