Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnns honoring other stores coupons >

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 PM

On a similar note, I read on here that Joanns will match online prices. So I went in to ask if they would. While waiting, it is announced on the PA system that they match online prices. So she comes back and tells me I have to ask a manager, who has gone home, if they will do it.??? So I call the manager the next day and she tells me they only match Joanns.com. Talk about misleading, why bother? So I ask when I was in another town and told the same thing, "We only match Joanns.com" Why announce you are doing t, then refuse. All it does Is make angry customers. But I still Get better service at Joanns than at most LQS's around here.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:18 PM

My JoAnn's does honor the other store's coupons with no problems. I cannot use the same coupon with the same code more than once. I take xyz news paper and the coupon has a code 123, I take bbb newspaper and the coupon has a code 123 can't use twice. I objected saying I pay for 2 different newspapers so I can get coupons and they said okay and used both even though they had the same code. I won't get in that fix again and expect it,but thought it was really nice of them that time. They bend over backwards to help you get the most of your coupons at our JoAnn's and our Hancock's. Not so true at Michaels or Hobby Lobby near me. HL will only take their own coupon here.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
I finall tried this at our JoAnns in Jefferson City - unfortunately its just not true - at least not at this store - I had a 40% Hobby Lobby, 40% JoAnns 40% Michaels plus a michaels for 20% off entire purchase including sales items.

They wouldnt take the 20% but would give me a 15% (why I am not sure) the only 40% they wanted to give me was theirs - they said unless it specifies that fabric or item (the other store has to carry same fabric according to them) Of course they did end up giving me one of them but kept all my coupons!!!

All this was explained to me, when I took my items back the next day because I had bought some red tag items that rang up at the normal price not the 50% off they were on sale for - also they had charged me full price on an end of bolt fabric. When I mentioned that they didnt give me all three coupons they said they should have only honored the one from them - I told them its false advertising (I didnt make any friends that day lol) I returned the piece of regular priced fabric that I felt should have had the 40% off and she wanted to know why - well I said (while picking up one of their flyers off the desk) why would I pay full price today when I can come in on saturday and get 50% off!!! Told her she wouldnt have to do it if she honored the 40% (didnt want to have to go in again for awhile) but she refused.,

When I got home I called a nearby store - 35 miles away - and explained to them what I had - they said they would honor the coupons as stated in their advertisements - we shall see - I may go in tonite since my coupons expire tonite.

I appreciate you letting me vent - has anyone else had this problem before?
Yep. All the above, except not with competators coupons. But being charged full price, for fabrics, and even some remnants! They try to make you feel stupid, ans always explain it away in some unsatisfactory mannor.
Now I check receipts as soon as I get in the car, cuz it's too far to drive to go back. but you are correct, they will sooner trake the item back than give you tomorrow's discount on your already cut piece of fabric.
I once left an 18 yard piece of fabric, cuz it turned out the coupon was for the lext day.
The cutting lady had wadded it up so bad, I wasn't even sure it was all there anyway, and when I asked her to re measure she refused. Then I mentioned just cuz it's 50% off shouldn't mean I get 50% of the service, and she asked to see the coupon, and told me it was for tomorrow. That's when I said, oh, ok, you can keep it then.
The next day I drive to a bigger store that had a fancy measure off the bolt thingy. It rolled the measured fabric onto another bolt, so I got to take my 18 yrds home on a bolt, instead of wadded up in a bag.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
One thing that I found out that I wouldn't have expected from Hancocks (not sure about Joanne's as we don't have one here) but most every business gives a 10% military discount. Several of the customers in line expressed the opinion that they should.
Joanns does, but I think it's on certain days, like the student and teacher discounts. Make me wanna grab a student or teacher and say "come with me to Joanns"
Old 07-09-2011, 03:19 AM

When I receive my JoAnn's flyer in the mail I make sure I read it very carefully because there are so many exclusions! The manager/franchise owner at our local JoAnn's is very nice to you as long as you are buying but when you try to question something about a sale, return something (even with a receipt), or question something about something advertised she will get sorta short with you. Even some of her employees that I know say that she is not the easiest person to work for.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:25 AM

I've become very frustrated with JoAnn lately.
Coupons are mostly useless because of permanent sale signs.
Remnants do not always ring up current sale price then half,as they are supposed to.
Cash register receipts are too hard to understand.
I always feel I have to watch everything, and still over pay most times.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:45 AM

Our Jo Ann's store will take the coupons from other stores only if it is what they sell, rulers, mats, glue, etc. The cashier said the coupon at the register wouldn't take it, but when she scanned it , it then went through...and she was the manager. She wasn't happy about it either!
I did notice that Michael's coupon will not let you get magazines with their coupons, take your Jo Ann's coupons there, it allows you to use the coupon! it doesn't say " no books or magazines". I wanted to purchase a American Girl doll book for a gift, Michael's wouldn't allow the coupon, it was 21.00, went back later in the week with my Jo Ann's coupon, got it 40% off!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny
I finall tried this at our JoAnns in Jefferson City - unfortunately its just not true - at least not at this store - I had a 40% Hobby Lobby, 40% JoAnns 40% Michaels plus a michaels for 20% off entire purchase including sales items.

They wouldnt take the 20% but would give me a 15% (why I am not sure) the only 40% they wanted to give me was theirs - they said unless it specifies that fabric or item (the other store has to carry same fabric according to them) Of course they did end up giving me one of them but kept all my coupons!!!

All this was explained to me, when I took my items back the next day because I had bought some red tag items that rang up at the normal price not the 50% off they were on sale for - also they had charged me full price on an end of bolt fabric. When I mentioned that they didnt give me all three coupons they said they should have only honored the one from them - I told them its false advertising (I didnt make any friends that day lol) I returned the piece of regular priced fabric that I felt should have had the 40% off and she wanted to know why - well I said (while picking up one of their flyers off the desk) why would I pay full price today when I can come in on saturday and get 50% off!!! Told her she wouldnt have to do it if she honored the 40% (didnt want to have to go in again for awhile) but she refused.,

When I got home I called a nearby store - 35 miles away - and explained to them what I had - they said they would honor the coupons as stated in their advertisements - we shall see - I may go in tonite since my coupons expire tonite.

I appreciate you letting me vent - has anyone else had this problem before?
Was the store you called in Columbia? Just curious. I was not aware that this was in their advertisements. Very interesting.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:02 AM

JoAnns will honor other stores coupons as long as they are selling the same thing. I have never had any trouble with this and I have done it both in Tennessee and Indiana

Verna
Old 07-09-2011, 05:09 AM

I use competitor coupons at Joanns frequently...really cant buy anything without a coupon since Joanns seems to jack up their prices to compensate for this arcaine game they insist we all play. The best thing to do is to know what the competitors stock, for instance they don't offer fabric on the bolt, but do offer precuts, you can insist that they take your coupon. They also have a small section of notions, therefore you can use your couopon for notions. They also carry a small selection of batting. I did almost come to blows with a gal who didnt want to honor the cupon for batting and I dug my heels in and demanded that they call the Michaels and aks them...followed by a loud voice in the crowd that insisted that they take the d*mn coupon.
They take Hobby Lobby for anything, you can get those online.
I recently was in a store called Crafts 2000 and saw a pair of fiscars I had been eyeing at Joanns for no less than 10.00 cheaper than at Joanns.
If anyone from Joanns Inc. is listening....we dont want to play your coupon game...just lower the prices. Also....you pay your workers minimum wage, extend their hours or hire more people so that your stores can be staffed properly.
Also....we noticed that you doubled..yes doubled the price of rotary blades...shame shame!
One more peeve...when you buy the end of a bolt the salesperson has to ask you if you want the end for 50% off, you are not allowed to ask for it and if she forgets oh well...this was explained to me by a salesperson...what kind of game is that? Please Joanns Inc. Don't treat us like we are children.