Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnns honoring other stores coupons >

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

Old 07-09-2011, 05:46 AM

our joanns takes the coupons from other store but not for fabric
Old 07-09-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Val in IN
I personally really dislike JoAnn's coupon policy. I really think they are scamming. I only go there if I really can't find what I need anywhere else and I don't have time to order on line. I am no fabric snob, but if we don't start supporting our LQS's, before too long we won't have them. Even if I only buy notions or fat quarters or take a class, it helps keep them in business. You also get better service. Try getting advice from an employee at JoAnns. Most of them don't even sew.
Joanns batiks are more expensive than the LQS and their legacy brand is just as expensive as Moda, granted the quality of the Legacy brand is better than much of what they have I dont think it is as good as say Moda or TT, SSImports. But it costs just as much...I just always leave Joanns feeling like there is some conspiricy at work there.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by dotski
our joanns takes the coupons from other store but not for fabric
sign up online for Hobby Lobby coupons...they have to accept them for fabric...demand it!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:54 AM

The local JoAnns will only take their own coupons. They put so many restrictions on purchases that it's frustrating to go there. Michael's will take a JoAnn coupon but not if it is for fabric because they don't carry that. They will only take one coupon per day per customer. Hancocks only takes their own coupons but the first Wednesday of the month Sr Citizens get an additional 15% off the total order.
Now.....there is a JoAnn Etc about 40 miles from me that will take every JoAnn coupon you have and honor them if you have the valid items for each. I have told this to the manager at the local store and her excuse is "They will be fired if they are caught". This is the same manager who told me 12 years ago that she would not take an AMERICAN EXPRESS $100 bill (left from a trip) unless I spent more than $50 of it. I've had a handful of occasions to call corporate because of her and now I drive once every other week to the larger, more friendly one 40 miles away.

PS......I do not buy anything anymore unless it's on sale or I have a coupon.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:02 AM

Golly, I must have the best Joann's ever, based on all the negative comments here. I did not realize that Joann's takes competitor's coupons and have never tried to use them there. But I've got a Michael's withing walking distance of work, a Hancock Fabrics about a 5 minute drive from work, and both Joann's and Hobby Lobby on my 15 - 20 minute drive home from work, so if I need something, I just use the appropriate coupon at that store (except for Michael's, since I know they do take competitor's coupons).

I get Joann's coupons in the mail and online, so I always have plenty for when I go. All of Joann's personalized coupons have personalized codes, so they can only be used once. I've been told that trying to use the email coupons more than once alerts the system to watch out for you and if you abuse the email coupons too much, they will kick you off the list. Since I don't do this, I don't know if it's true or not.

I've never had a problem using my coupons. But I always read the fine print. When they have their coupon commotion and specify the type of item on the coupon, I always pay close attention and make sure I don't use the wrong one. As long as the coupon code is different, they will allow you to use multiple Joann's coupons.

I also have the 10% off AQS (?) discount. I use it on anything that I did not use the coupon on (except, of course, for the items Joann's generally excludes from coupons).

My advice: fully read the coupon before trying to use it.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:07 AM

Our Jo-Ann's takes any and all competitors coupons but only if they carry the same item. For instance, you can't use Michael's coupons for fabric because Michaels doesn't carry it. I think that's fair and I've done very well in past years with this policy. However, these days, there are so many discounts at Jo-Ann's that it is hard to find something not on sale, so I get the mailing envelopes to send my swaps in and post-it-notes. :)
Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 AM

Our Joann's takes competitors' coupons. The only thing is you can't use a coupon to buy something in Joann's that that store does not sell. For example, you can't use a 40% coupon from Michaels to buy fabric at Joann's because Michaels doesn't carry fabric. Also you can only use one 40 or 50% coupon a day unless it's one of those blockbuster sales, like "Daffodil Days".
Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 AM

That is also how our JoAnns works.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 AM

Our Joann's takes competitors' coupons. The only thing is you can't use a coupon to buy something in Joann's that that store does not sell. For example, you can't use a 40% coupon from Michaels to buy fabric at Joann's because Michaels doesn't carry fabric. Also you can only use one 40 or 50% coupon a day unless it's one of those blockbuster sales, like "Daffodil Days".
Old 07-09-2011, 07:52 AM

When I want something and have a coupon that has the same number as I am using on another item, I just make two transactions. Have them ring up item separately from the other item. Problem solved!