Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnns honoring other stores coupons >

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

JoAnns honoring other stores coupons

Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 AM

Over time they have changed their policy, I think cause this area has some very thrifty shoppers..... JoAnns used to take any ones coupons but now are a bit pickier and the store has to have fabric if you are buying fabric and using the coupon like to Hobby Lobby. But if using a Michaels coupon can not use for fabric.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
Our Joann's honors other competitor's coupons, Hancock's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's so long as it has not expired. Business isn't the greatest, better to accept another's coupons than lose an entire sale.
Our Hancock's honors Jo Ann's coupons have not tried it in reverse.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by rivka
Our local Joann's doesn't honor other store's coupons. I get tons of Joann's coupons, but can almost never use them, since stuff is already on sale.
I get to use mine once in awhile.
They adopted the idea from Michaels,they always had everything on sale so you couldn't use there coupons. This had happened to me twice. Then I stopped shopping there.
Our Joanns will honor Michaels if we buy something Michaels sells, no longer on fabric or thread.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by sew4fun
Originally Posted by emsgranny
I finall tried this at our JoAnns in Jefferson City - unfortunately its just not true - at least not at this store - I had a 40% Hobby Lobby, 40% JoAnns 40% Michaels plus a michaels for 20% off entire purchase including sales items.

They wouldnt take the 20% but would give me a 15% (why I am not sure) the only 40% they wanted to give me was theirs - they said unless it specifies that fabric or item (the other store has to carry same fabric according to them) Of course they did end up giving me one of them but kept all my coupons!!!

All this was explained to me, when I took my items back the next day because I had bought some red tag items that rang up at the normal price not the 50% off they were on sale for - also they had charged me full price on an end of bolt fabric. When I mentioned that they didnt give me all three coupons they said they should have only honored the one from them - I told them its false advertising (I didnt make any friends that day lol) I returned the piece of regular priced fabric that I felt should have had the 40% off and she wanted to know why - well I said (while picking up one of their flyers off the desk) why would I pay full price today when I can come in on saturday and get 50% off!!! Told her she wouldnt have to do it if she honored the 40% (didnt want to have to go in again for awhile) but she refused.,

When I got home I called a nearby store - 35 miles away - and explained to them what I had - they said they would honor the coupons as stated in their advertisements - we shall see - I may go in tonite since my coupons expire tonite.

I appreciate you letting me vent - has anyone else had this problem before?
Was the store you called in Columbia? Just curious. I was not aware that this was in their advertisements. Very interesting.
Yes it is in their advertisements and yes it was the Columbia store - If I am up for it later today I may give it a shot - will let you know if it works!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:09 AM

I have had the sames problem at that very store, they do not even want to take my joanns vip card for 10 percent off half the time, I will travel to St. Louis and have better luck at the hancocks on manchester rd or kirkwood store of hancocks. joanns does not seem to have the quilting fabric quality they used to either
Old 07-09-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching
One more peeve...when you buy the end of a bolt the salesperson has to ask you if you want the end for 50% off, you are not allowed to ask for it and if she forgets oh well...this was explained to me by a salesperson...what kind of game is that? Please Joanns Inc. Don't treat us like we are children.
I noticed I only get offered the end of bolt discount if I want more than is on the bolt. So you have to measure it in the isle, say it's about 3+ yards, you have to ask for 4 yards, and then they will offer you the discount on the partial yard. BUT only if you act dissappointed, like maybe you won't buy it. I did this on 3 bolts, and forgot to pre-measure the 4th, wanted 3 yards and it was 3 and 4 inches, and by golly, she lopped off those 4 inches! Didn't even ask if I wanted them. LOL

I don't like playing games either, but if they're gonna play games, please just tell me the rules.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:14 AM

I totally agree with the Michaels on the fabric end of it since they dont carry fabric. (I had other items that were not fabric). This JoAnns will accept their own coupons along as they hae different codes and I have in the past done two transactions. The worse part is that they honored the Michaels but not the Hobby Lobby!!! We have a Hobby Lobby in town but not a Michaels. They were going to honore the 20% coupon on overall purchase but only at a 15% rate...couldnt give me a great reason why. Since I didnt buy alot of other stuff that I didnt use a coupon on (I knew discount wouldnt be taken off a couponed item) I just let the extra 5% go!!!

Out of the last 5 visits - I have had to go back for price adjustments...either the fabric was on sale and it didnt give me sale price - item was charged twice - coupon applied to lowest priced item not the most expensive-end of bolt discount not given on sale price of the day.

We dont have alot of choices in our town - we have very few LQS a Hobby Lobby and a JoAnns. I will continue to shop but watch them closely - will use the Columbia store whenever possible - dont like to drive that far without other reasons - brings cost of fabric up due to gas prices. Thanks to all who have responded. Do as I do and stand up for your rights and talk with the manager if at all possible. I try to do it nicely so they dont cringe when I walk in though lol
Old 07-09-2011, 09:58 AM

You have to be careful with Joann's also for the price of the yardage or item. I bought some plaid that was marked $4.99 on the bolt and when I got home and looked at the ticket, it was priced $5.99 a yard. Had used the 50% off so I only paid $1 more than I should have, but that isn't the point! Since then, I have caught them on several items I have bought that the price was different at the register than on the floor!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:01 AM

Try and use the bathroom in a JoAnns. I have been told it is not a public bathroom.
We were from out of town when that happened.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Donnajean, what is the pattrn for your avatar? It is beautiful!