Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns VIP Card ? >

Joanns VIP Card ?

Joanns VIP Card ?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by luce321
I got mine through our guild, however, I have not used it yet. I also did not get my flyer in the mail in order to shop the sales for Labor Day. I then registered my name again for the flyer. A few days later I got the next flyer in the mail but never got the one for Labor Day Sale.
I apologize if I respond wrong here as I did earlier. I hit quote text n then my response? Yikes. Anyway, it has been months since I 1st signed up and now weeks have passed since the 2nd time. Holy moly. I can only seem to get late emails.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM

I have kind of given up on trying to interpret JoAnn's ads...forty percent on this IF you don't have this, fifty percent on that IF you don't have something else...I prefer my shopping to be consistent and VERY, VERY plain for all to see...not as convoluted as they have been known to try to make things...(JoAnn's, are you listening????)
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by sguillot
No, I sign up and get them in the mail for awhile then they stop coming. I usually get one in the Sunday paper because that's about the most reliable way.
Originally Posted by kerrytaylor
Originally Posted by scrappy2
Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Who qualifies for VIP? The info on the flyer says for guilds, therefore its not just enough to be a member? Our Joanns says the same thing. How do you all qualify for the card? I want in!
I would like to know too. Our flyer says the same thing.
lucky you get the flyer. Ive signed up for it twice in the past months and still havent gotten one. Am I the only one having these problems? Argh! Its not rocket science.
Whenever you get a flyer in the mail you have to take it to the store to have the bar code scanned or the flyers will stop coming. When you use the coupon it scans the bar code also so it keeps you on their mailing list. If you do not see any thing you need you still have to have the bar code scanned.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mhansen6
Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Who qualifies for VIP? The info on the flyer says for guilds, therefore its not just enough to be a member? Our Joanns says the same thing. How do you all qualify for the card? I want in!
Can we get one for belonging to this board? It is definitely a Quilting "Group".
I was in the store the other day and the girl at the register asked if I had a VIP card. When I told her no but I belonged to this board she asked a manager if that would work. She told her that I was in the store often and always spent a lot of money. The manager said NO. BrendaK
Old 09-14-2011, 07:09 PM

I have used both coupons and the VIP card - I've saved a lot of money using both.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by grayma
The new JoAnn's in St. Louis would not use my VIP card because I had coupons for everything I purchased. It sounds like it depends on the individual stores. I would believe that there must be corporate policy on this so that it would be the same at every store.
I agree - all of the stores should have the same policy. Here in Salem, OR, they told me that JoAnn's had it down to a "fine science so they don't go in the red" and that you could not use the 10% off on ANY item for which you had used a coupon.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by vivoaks
My SIL had a really nice % off coupon, but she couldn't find one single thing in the store that wasn't on sale. She emailed the company to complain - at least she let them know she wasn't happy.
Seems to be the norm and I have complained to my store mgr. several times.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:57 AM

[quote=sguillot]I don't think the VIP Cards are limited, I got one by a quilt magazine subscription. It was an added bonus for a magazine .......................

Yes that's exactly how I received my invitation but I also belong to a guild but I was always under the impression you couldn't use both the VIP card and a coupon and after reading many of the replies here I am concluding that it a individual store decision. And I still haven't decided whether its worth it or not...I go long stretches w/o shopping at Joanns.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 PM

i went to my joanne's here in fl and asked if i could use the vip and she said no unless it's all you use and that's not the first time that's happened. when the manager came up to sign the card when i got it a couple of mos ago i felt like i was robbing them. fon's & porter tell you to get it if your their member and you still can't use it so why bother getting it. sue
Old 09-15-2011, 06:17 PM

I tried to buy a pattern (that being my only purchasethat day)
and they would not let me use the VIP DISCOUNT. i DIDN'T LIKE THAT. Patterns are so expensive. It was one I HAD to have for a project.