Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns VIP Card ? >

Joanns VIP Card ?

Joanns VIP Card ?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Next week is Coupon Commotion Week, a once a year event at Jo-Anns. There are two pages of coupons in the latest flyer specifically designated for the event.

As a former Jo-Ann Store Manager, I know for sure that you absolutely CANNOT use coupons on Sale Items nor can you use a coupon and the VIP card simultaneously. The rules are so airtight the cash registers are programmed not to take more than what the rules allow, i.e., more than the allotted amount of coupons.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:34 AM

To correct my earlier post -- I am so sorry that I may have confused this issue even more than it already is. I stated that V.I.P. was not good on sale items and meant to say that it isn't good in combination with coupons.
Dayle
Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Too bad the VIP cards are so limited in who is qualified to get them. Just another reason I stopped shopping at JoAnn's.
you get one if you join AQS - and I think it varies according to ther sotre manager - or even the cashier how they will let you use it
Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 AM

I don't have a VIP card. I did however have a coupon problem w JoAnns the Fri b4 Labor day. I checked my email at 5:30 am that morning looking for a coupon, thought it unusal not to receive one being it was a holiday weekend. I left the house by 9 and headed straight to JoAnns, made my purchases totalling $53. When I got home I checked email to find a 40% off coupon - received at 8:22am. Cripe! So I called the store, expained what happened and the mgr said if I returned w both coupon and receipt they would refund. I returned to the store 2 days later, waited in the lenghty line only to have the not-so-nice cashier tell me she could not refund me due to store policy that I was trying to redeem "after the fact"(?). She was loud and so unpleasant to say the least. Apparently I had come in just to ruin her day.Nice show w everyone watching. I finally did get my refund ($20+) but the experience was humiliating and has left a bad taste. It seems the coupon should havebeen in my email EARLY in the morning
Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 AM

I'm not sure anyone gets a big discount at Joanns. I was in a store a day before a big coupon sale was to begin and I just seen some material price was $9.99. Then the next day I was in to get some material at the 50% off, this material was marked up to $14.99.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:17 AM

What is the AQS card or membership?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Who qualifies for VIP? The info on the flyer says for guilds, therefore its not just enough to be a member? Our Joanns says the same thing. How do you all qualify for the card? I want in!
Can we get one for belonging to this board? It is definitely a Quilting "Group".
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 AM

I have used my VIP card along with Joanns discount coupons with no problems.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:58 AM

I belong to a local guild, so I do have one of the VIP cards. I always have it in my hand with my fist full of other coupons and let the computer figure it out. If I can't use it this time, oh well. I will next time. Can't blame me for trying. 10% is better than nothing off. ;-)
Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 PM

Every store here in Houston, Texas will allow you to use as many coupons as you have for items and then use the VIP discount on top of that. I have done this at about 6 stores in Houston. However when they have a sale like Labor Day with the extra 10 or 15 off you cannot get that in addition.