Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns VIP Card ? >

Joanns VIP Card ?

Joanns VIP Card ?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Who qualifies for VIP? The info on the flyer says for guilds, therefore its not just enough to be a member? Our Joanns says the same thing. How do you all qualify for the card? I want in!
Teachers can get them, I work for a non profit org. so I was able to get one....
Old 09-14-2011, 06:50 AM

So I have a form that says I shop for a 501c non profit our church quilting group. That gets the tax removed which is 8.25%. Sounds like that is better as that works if sale merchandise or not.
I sent off for VIP card it came in saying go to store to get it activated. Small print said it expired 8-31-11. I didn't bother since it was so soon. Was going to try again pretty soon. Now, not so sure.
I didn't realize I could be a quilt guild member of AQS and that would qualify me.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 AM

I used the 40% coupon on a coke there once. I had lots of coupons and bought a book etc and still had another coupon. The saleslady told me to use the coupon on the coke.
Great!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
For those of you that hold Joann's Fabric Store VIP membership cards...can you use coupons and still use your VIP card?
Example: 40% off coupon & 10% from your vip card making it a total of 50 % off...just checking to see if its worth it.
The cashier made a big deal about next week being a huge coupon week, my reply was "yes if you don't already have the merchandise on sale" she did say some of the coupons for next week can be used on sale items. I just find it really hard to be able to use the coupons.

How do you get a VIP card?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 AM

I use my 10% card along with their 20%, 30% off, no problem.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 AM

My JoAnn's told me I could only use 1 coupon per purchase, so I told them to ring each purchase seperate. They need to be more consistant.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
My JoAnn's told me I could only use 1 coupon per purchase, so I told them to ring each purchase seperate. They need to be more consistant.
Thats true here at my Joanns. I had a friend that worked at Joanns and she told me that when you have more than 1 coupon for things tell them to ring them up seperate in order to use them because otherwise it will only ring up 1 discount at a time.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:32 AM

i use my regular joann coupons (40% off etc) then hand them the 10% vip card...they will then do the vip card, and it automatically take off the 10% on whatever qualifies (sometime sewing machines, irons, cricut stuff does not qualify for ANy coupon).....i got my vip card by joining quilters club of america....it is $30 or so dollars to join (i pay that back plus some in joanns discounts) but also with the membership, you get free access to a lot of quilting sights, free patterns, some shows like quilt out loud, and other web shows....it is well worth the membership for all the reference material you can get....
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by LindaDeeter
Just a little note ... sometimes, if the item you want is on sale, they will gladly ring it up at the regular price so you can use your 40% coupon. Just ask!
Not ours.........tried it and was refused.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
For those of you that hold Joann's Fabric Store VIP membership cards...can you use coupons and still use your VIP card?
Example: 40% off coupon & 10% from your vip card making it a total of 50 % off...just checking to see if its worth it.
The cashier made a big deal about next week being a huge coupon week, my reply was "yes if you don't already have the merchandise on sale" she did say some of the coupons for next week can be used on sale items. I just find it really hard to be able to use the coupons.
i think it depends on the cashier. There are some that take it and some that are snide and not nice about any coupon