Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns VIP Card ? >

Joanns VIP Card ?

Joanns VIP Card ?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 AM

Okay this may sound dumb but it is early in the morning. What is AQS?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day
Okay this may sound dumb but it is early in the morning. What is AQS?
American Quilters Society
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 AM

They are good for sale items but not on the coupon item.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
For those of you that hold Joann's Fabric Store VIP membership cards...can you use coupons and still use your VIP card?
Example: 40% off coupon & 10% from your vip card making it a total of 50 % off...just checking to see if its worth it.
The cashier made a big deal about next week being a huge coupon week, my reply was "yes if you don't already have the merchandise on sale" she did say some of the coupons for next week can be used on sale items. I just find it really hard to be able to use the coupons.
Can't use it with coupons but can use it on sale items. Thus, if you buy an item that is 40 percent off on sale, which makes the cost $6, your VIP card takes 10 per cent off the $6. The cost of your item will be $5.40 instead of $6.
That $.60 will go a long way toward a small Coke. froggyintexas
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Originally Posted by rvsfan
The only time the VIP card cannot be used is when you are purchasing just one item, because the card is good for your TOTAL purchase and they consider one item not to be a total I guess. And yes you can use it for items already on sale and if you had your 40% off coupon. Just have to buy more then one item.
Not true. I've used the card plenty of times on just one item.
No one has ever questioned me when I bought just one item. Total price is total price whether you buy one or a hundred items. froggyintexas
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 AM

Actually, I think it depends on your local JoAnn's Store. Some will allow you to use the VIP card on the entire purchase even when you have sale items and coupons. Others I've found will not allow it to be used on anything except full price merchandise.

I get aggrevated with them since they will put out 40%coupons and have fabric at 20 to 30% off so the coupons are useless unless you need something that is not on sale. They know what they are doing. They make more that way and some of their fabrics are not that nice for the price they are charging. I still miss the olds "Piece Goods Shops". They had better fabric and cheaper prices.

Another thing that bothers me is that they are very careful to make sure they don't cut even the tiniest amount over a yard and when you wash it you have less than a yard if it shrinks at all. When you go to the quilt shops they usually cut at least an inch and sometimes two or three inches over the yard so you are not short. And the prices aren't that different anymore.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 AM

Just a little note ... sometimes, if the item you want is on sale, they will gladly ring it up at the regular price so you can use your 40% coupon. Just ask!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Originally Posted by ghostrider
Too bad the VIP cards are so limited in who is qualified to get them. Just another reason I stopped shopping at JoAnn's.
Join AQS. My savings every year more than pay the $25.00 membership not to mention what AQS gives you for being a member (magazine, discount on AQS shows/products). So it's not that limiting in who can get it.
I got an offer just the other day to join AQS and I was wondering if I should do it. I saw the Joanns VIP card and was interested. I have a Joanns just down the street from my house and I go there a lot!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM

The comments on this topic have been interesting, but I am puzzled because some seem so angry because JoAnn's is not offering them the discounts they want. The truth is, no store has to offer any discount at all at any time. They do so to attract customers, of course, but I don't think most of us live in places where there is an ulimited choice of fabric shops. For goodness sake, be glad JoAnn's or any other store puts things on sale and/or offers coupons. froggyintexas
Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 AM

I got mine by showing my American Sewing Guild membership card. Show your guild membership card and that should do it.