Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
I believe the weekend starts at the end of the workday on Friday so I have already joined in and started. I machine quilted the t-shirt quilt. Nothing fancy but is my boys' shirts and will be a Father's Day quilt for my husband. I will bind tomorrow. I also have to make a baby quilt for a colleague and have it finished for next week.
well, I finished the t-shirt quilt at 9 am this morning.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I can't thank you ladies enough for joining me today. Besides finishing the Irish Chain top and the doll quilt, I have 2 double slice layer cakes ready to assemble. I have really enjoyed reading and viewing what everyone has been working on over the weekend. Some of you have given me more ideas which is just what I need Now my goal for the rest of June is to finish ALL the WIPs I currently have. Then I can start July fresh. I ended up not watching the Yankees; for some reason Extra Innings had all the other games but the Yankees. Oh well, it gave me more time to quilt!

I hope all of you enjoyed our time together and I look forward to next time.
Thanks for the motivation!!! Great couple of days and everyone has achieved so much!!! Some beautiful quilts..well done girls!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:06 PM

Default Painted quilt

Well, this is what I was able to do today...drew new designs, cut foam for printing those designs, and printed. It is slow going, but I love the process and being creative.
Attached Thumbnails cimg4201.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

Here is my finished Warm Wishes... made for a friend with terminal cancer. I used lots of the framed blocks to put scriptures in, as well as sentiments from her friends. The small block on the center back says, "Friends are the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life".

Maybe the next time you do this I will get to my Christmas quilt, but this one had to get done this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails susans-quilt-002.jpg   susans-quilt-004.jpg   susans-quilt-008.jpg   susans-quilt-010.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 05:26 PM

Well, I decided that quilting on Misty's quilt was turning into too much of a NOT FUN experience so I am now almost finished tying it with very narrow purple satin ribbon. Did SID around the borders. So it will be done today too! Will post pictures in the picture section when I'm all done.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I've finished reading it all and commenting, so now here's my report

Saturday, I finished sewing down the binding and adherring comical fishes to "At Home in the Forest". Then we went to the lake for dinner with the "kids". DD is 33! When did it happen?! She wanted blackberry pie for her "birthday cake". She was born on Father's Day so of course we celebrated Father's Day. Then there was a third cause for celebration, they finished the payments on their house! I can't remember what that's like (we had ours paid off and then remodeled, then bought a new house). As the evening wore on, the atmosphere changed. The families with children and beer left so it got real quiet. With the sun behind the mountain, it started getting cooler. The Canadian geese came around with their gooslings. The boating on the lake ended, so the water got real still. Then the lights across the lake came on and twinkled on the water. The stars started coming out. Finally there was just enough light to pack up and go home.

Quilting for today will be to finish the "At Home in the Forest". Then make a list for meeting deadlines for the rest of June. See you at the next virtual retreat.

Sounds like a beautiful day! Well written!

I enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures and written accomplishments! Nice Job!!!

I FINISHED QUILTING the two quilts I need to finish this weekend. Now Monday and Tuesday night I will bind them!
No pictures though....shhhhh! it's a surprise reveal!

Nan
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I can't thank you ladies enough for joining me today.
I hope all of you enjoyed our time together and I look forward to next time.
THANK YOU for starting this thread. It was very nice to check in report progress and to check in and see what others got done too!

Hopefully the next weekend you start a virtual retreat...I can 'attend'.

Nan
Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 PM

Sorry fInished another hand stitched block from "las cruces" by j.m. Watts.6 down 6 to go.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 05:52 AM

[QUOTE=petthefabric;6126010]I've tried a lot of wetting agents. I made a sample of a spot and a line with these agents: Aloe Vera, GAC 900, Delta Ceramcoat, Water, Jacquard Textile Color 100 Colorless Extender, Mod Podge, Golden Soft Gel Matt. If the affect I want is a watercolor mix, I'd use water because it truely blends the best. If I want it to stay in the lines I'd use Delta Ceramcoat. The least change to the texture of the fabric wal Aloe Vera, GAC 900 and water. Mod Podge bled and is the stiffist. For paper collage I think ModPodge and Golden Soft Gel Mat could be used as glue and sealant.

Does the Aloe Vera wash out....

Have you seen this thread posted by JaneKnapp? http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...l-t140660.html

She has a pdf on there all about Inktense pencils. Very informative!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 AM

Everyone's project look great. While I didn't complete any one project, I did get several started. I have twelve potholder squares sandwiched and ready for FMQ. Did get two done... 10 to go!