Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Old 06-16-2013, 01:48 PM

Debbie B,
congratulations and looks beautiful. Love the value contrast. Where did you find nativity fabric?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by janeknapp View Post
petthefabric, I LOVE your Inktense Daylily! Your work is fantastic...so realistic...great colors...good choice of binding...great quilting! I work with Inktense, too. What did you use as your moistening agent? I use clear aloe vera gel.
I've tried a lot of wetting agents. I made a sample of a spot and a line with these agents: Aloe Vera, GAC 900, Delta Ceramcoat, Water, Jacquard Textile Color 100 Colorless Extender, Mod Podge, Golden Soft Gel Matt. If the affect I want is a watercolor mix, I'd use water because it truely blends the best. If I want it to stay in the lines I'd use Delta Ceramcoat. The least change to the texture of the fabric wal Aloe Vera, GAC 900 and water. Mod Podge bled and is the stiffist. For paper collage I think ModPodge and Golden Soft Gel Mat could be used as glue and sealant.

Does the Aloe Vera wash out. The others act as a sealant. They'll take another layer on top.

So, what do I use? Depends upon the affect I want. The next project will be a watercolor background, so I'll probably use water.

In the box of pencils is an outliner pencil that did help some to contain the wetting agent.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by linynp View Post
This is what I accomplished for ME! Sunday is school paper and if time cutting out for 2 BOM and sashing lark summer series.
First picture is front then inside with vinyl pockets the ladt ine is the back. some of the pockets are sectioned off pockets on the inside and out of various sizes. It'll hold my smaller cutting mat rulers etc! So excited!
Very nice. .
Old 06-16-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Debbie B,
congratulations and looks beautiful. Love the value contrast. Where did you find nativity fabric?
Thanks for the compliment. The fabric was given to me. I actually met her through this board when she liked a Christmas quilt that I made last year called Wrapped in Pretty Bows. It was a free pattern that she couldn't get to download & she noticed that we lived close. So, I printed it out for her & she came over. Now we're friends....how neat is that!? She gave me the nativity fabric & some star fabric to match it, and she gave me a bunch of other Christmas fabrics that she did feel she was going to use. I used some she gave me & some scraps I had to make each star a different color. I think she said she bought it at Joann's.

Last edited by Debbie B; 06-16-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:37 PM

I've finished reading it all and commenting, so now here's my report

Saturday, I finished sewing down the binding and adherring comical fishes to "At Home in the Forest". Then we went to the lake for dinner with the "kids". DD is 33! When did it happen?! She wanted blackberry pie for her "birthday cake". She was born on Father's Day so of course we celebrated Father's Day. Then there was a third cause for celebration, they finished the payments on their house! I can't remember what that's like (we had ours paid off and then remodeled, then bought a new house). As the evening wore on, the atmosphere changed. The families with children and beer left so it got real quiet. With the sun behind the mountain, it started getting cooler. The Canadian geese came around with their gooslings. The boating on the lake ended, so the water got real still. Then the lights across the lake came on and twinkled on the water. The stars started coming out. Finally there was just enough light to pack up and go home.

Quilting for today will be to finish the "At Home in the Forest". Then make a list for meeting deadlines for the rest of June. See you at the next virtual retreat.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:41 PM

Debbie B,
"So, I printed it out for her & she came over. Now we're friends....how neat is that!? " That's awesome!

I'm always on the lookout for fabrics that have the origional meaning of Christmas. And they're starting to arrive at the stores. For the best selection it's time to start shopping.....real soon.

Thank's
Old 06-16-2013, 03:15 PM

I was supposed to join and spent the day at the ER with DH instead. He's fine but no sewing for me. Next weekend I hope.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Well, I have the Irish Chain top done! I have 2 layer cakes cut and ready to start piecing (MSQC Double Slice Layer Cake). However, I had to look up the Three Dudes Jelly Roll quilt pattern, then got sidetracked by a couple videos of there for other patterns. Now, it's almost time for the Yankees to start so I may be on break for a while! Depends how well Sabathia pitches for us today.
Lovely Irish Chain. Very feminine!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by linynp View Post
This is what I accomplished for ME! Sunday is school paper and if time cutting out for 2 BOM and sashing lark summer series.
First picture is front then inside with vinyl pockets the ladt ine is the back. some of the pockets are sectioned off pockets on the inside and out of various sizes. It'll hold my smaller cutting mat rulers etc! So excited!
What an awesome idea... a bag for rulers! Love the fabrics and how your bag turned out.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 PM

I can't thank you ladies enough for joining me today. Besides finishing the Irish Chain top and the doll quilt, I have 2 double slice layer cakes ready to assemble. I have really enjoyed reading and viewing what everyone has been working on over the weekend. Some of you have given me more ideas which is just what I need Now my goal for the rest of June is to finish ALL the WIPs I currently have. Then I can start July fresh. I ended up not watching the Yankees; for some reason Extra Innings had all the other games but the Yankees. Oh well, it gave me more time to quilt!

I hope all of you enjoyed our time together and I look forward to next time.