Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki 2010Q - Comments & Questions after first week of use. >

Juki 2010Q - Comments & Questions after first week of use.

Juki 2010Q - Comments & Questions after first week of use.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
this is the one I have - I bought it based on another recommendation someone else posted, and really like it. I've been using it since December last year, and have not removed it from the table since. Though I have refreshed the tape a few times (just did yesterday). I use painter's tape to hold it down. It does not start to roll on the edges, and does not leave much residue to clean off when I remove it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks so much. I use painter's tape for so many things. It's great stuff
Old 08-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

...The one item that has greatly improved my seams, is putting this guide on the machine. Since it's taped to the table, I can untape it from the machine, pull the table out so DH can do service, then put the table back and retape the part to the machine. No need to realign since it stays in place on the table. I have it cut so I can change the bobbin and oil without removing it.

this looks super!
Old 08-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the commentary on the Juki. I've wanted to get one for a while but we pay so much more in U.K. It's a big expense. I'm going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham on Thursday and Juki have a new model of the TL2010 on a frame so I'm going to check it out and hopefully bring one home with me.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
Thanks for the commentary on the Juki. I've wanted to get one for a while but we pay so much more in U.K. It's a big expense. I'm going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham on Thursday and Juki have a new model of the TL2010 on a frame so I'm going to check it out and hopefully bring one home with me.
You are very welcome Cannyquilter! I hope it might help you. How exciting for you going to the Festival of Quilts!! I would be coming home with more than a machine. I wish you the best of luck in finding what you want. Let us know!
Old 08-07-2017, 06:38 AM

Well they have some type of table top frame set up so I'm hoping that will be suitable, I mostly make lap Quilts and baby Quilts. I'll let you know when I get back.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
Well they have some type of table top frame set up so I'm hoping that will be suitable, I mostly make lap Quilts and baby Quilts. I'll let you know when I get back.
Canny- have fun!! And I do hope you come back with one. You won't regret it
Old 08-07-2017, 03:18 PM

machine, pull the table out so DH can do service, then put the table back and retape the part to the machine. No need to realign since it stays in place on the table. I have it cut so I can change the bobbin and oil without removing it.

Cathy, what about the little oil hole to the right of the stitch plate? In the manual it points that out as one of the holes to put a drop of oil in when oiling/cleaning?
Old 08-07-2017, 04:43 PM

I emailed a dealer about the walking foot on this model and she told me that they have tweaked the design of the walking foot. Tweaked is my word but basically that's what she said. I have got to try one out.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:19 PM

I'm really sad tonight. I went to try this machine out (actually, not the 2010Q but the newer model 2200 mini), but with my arthritic hands, I simply could not get the bobbin in with that awkward side orientation. It really seemed like the perfect machine for me, because I want a mechanical and don't need fancy stitches. Now I'm not sure what to consider next. The same store carries Baby Lock, but the mechanical Jazz has a very low throat, and the few reviews I was able to find were not good.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

She has that seam guide on with painter's tape so it can be easily removed for that oil hole you mentioned, Canny