Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki long arm >

Juki long arm

Juki long arm

Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 AM

So, has anyone bought this machine yet? it looks so awesome. I have a 17" Bailey which I like a lot, but so many features of the Juke make me want one.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:15 AM

Default New Juki Longarm

Originally Posted by cheryl222 View Post
So, has anyone bought this machine yet? it looks so awesome. I have a 17" Bailey which I like a lot, but so many features of the Juke make me want one.
I just recently bought the new Juki longarm and I love it. I have it up and running. It is rather easy to put together (my daughter helped me). I love the stitch regulator and it has lighting on the handles which you can adjust for comfort. I love everything about it especially the price because it was more in my price range. I got it for the introductory price. Love this machine.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 PM

Hi Bonnie, I bought the Juki last Friday and still am not able to get the tension set correctly. Any tips?
Bonnie G.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 PM

I do not have the juki long arm, but I have the Juki HZLF 300 DSM. I love this machine. I would recommend a Juki sewing machine to anyone. Does anyone know if they make an embroidery machine? Also do they make the sit down long arm like the sweet sixteen machine?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:57 PM

I bought my juki long arm here. I was impressed with the knowledgable sales people! Then I got the machine. Woo Hoo Whatr an impressive massive thing. I got the 12 foot frame and it did take some leveling. But it glides so easily. I have problems with my back and will be seated so the 2 rails being vertical on the front means not having to stretch over 6 inches just to get to the quilting surface. It's on a frame from Grace specially made for this machine. The stitch regulator is also made by Grace. It was extremely straight forward in assembly. There is a DVD and good instructions. The holes are machined so you don't fiddle with matching nuts and washers up and dropping them I did not have to pay for someone to come put it together, you know how much they charge for that. And shipping was free. And the financing was 0% And no I do not work for either Sewing Machines Plus or Grace. Talk to them they do some great deals. They had everything I wanted and it was a great price.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

I just ran across a post in another group about the Juki longarm. Apparently the Juki foot is ***not*** totally compatible with 1/4" thick rulers. Rulers work on 3 sides of the foot, but there is not enough space on the right side where the foot is attached to the presser bar. Plus, Juki made no provision for attaching a ruler table (necessary for when doing ruler work). Apparently Juki added a thread cutter because quilters were asking for one, but then failed to provide a means of doing the ruler work that most longarm owners expect to be able to do.

Now, this is all hearsay, but it would be well worth checking out before purchasing.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:40 AM

Love my Juki 2200QVP!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 AM

Love mine!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by SmickChick View Post
Any updates from the crowd? Has anyone on this board purchased this machine. (I'm biting at the bit!)
RI finally got the QVP up and running. It's great although I don't have much to compare to. The assembly wasn't too bad, but I have u even floors that took some finesse to get the machine level which is essential. I loaded my leaders, and batting, backing and top and was quilting away in minutes! The bobbin case is a bit tricky to set in as it takes an added click. I remember having to do this on another brand so I wasn't too frustrated. The only negative thing was I set the frame up as a 7 ft not allowing for the width of the machine on either side, so instead of having 84 inches for quilting, there is only 70 which does a twin size but not a queen. Looks like I will reconfigure it for the queen after I finish the quilt that is on it. In retrospect, if I had known this, I wouldn't have purchased the 2 ft extension package as I don't think I like the limitations of the 7ft. Frame. The Juki is a dream to work with. I downloaded the PDF manual in order to get the small pieces assembled and the threading instructions. They send a PC version do a CD with this on it, but I use Mac so had to find it on the web.

So after a 10k renovation on my basement, I'm finally set up and stitching away on my bargain priced Virtuoso QVP 2200 system. (My husband didn't think it was such a bargain after doing the renovation, haha!)
Old 12-19-2013, 12:07 PM

I purchased a Juki TL2200QVP. I'm really excited about it, it has a lot of super features. The thing i found is that the instruction manuals and information are lacking. I would like to have some sort of information such as how do I attach the leaders properly? How do I thread the machine? Basic things that I don't know since I'm new at longarming and this machine is brand new. I've searched online and cant seem to find any info. and the only pamplets that I have are for assembly that came in the boxes. I live near SewingMachinesPlus.com store and so I will drive down and see what I can find out there.