Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
just got back from Wal-Mart... >

just got back from Wal-Mart...

just got back from Wal-Mart...

Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

WM doesn't seem to make good decisions. When they got rid of the layaway I about died, it was the only way I could get Christmas gifts for our kids. Our only choice for shopping is WM. We have a few small stores that carry junk products. There is a kmart but I have to drive 45 mins to get there and an hour and a half for a target. Some ppl really don't have any choice but to shop WM. I don't like WM either but I have to shop there anyway.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by sylslight
that quilt in your profile pic/avatar is really unique!!!! is there a pattern or did you make it up???? I would love to do one like that!!!

Thanks! ~Sylvia~
Whose avatar are you talking about? There are some really nice quilts in lots of people's avi's!

Mine is called called Center Stage put out by Pieced Tree Patterns. It's a little laminated card, around 3 1/2" X 5 1/2" with the pattern picture on one side and the directions on the other side. You can find them online or in your local quilt shop.
lol, I guess i should have specified huh! I was wondering about Dina's---that is really cool!!!!
Quilter, yours looks too complicated for me...points and shading. I am still on basic shapes, lol!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:23 AM

Definitely a kindred spirit! :)
Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Sandy
The Walmart in my area has no bolts of material. Only pre-packaged cotton and polyester solids and some fat quarters and packaged kits. It's terrible. I have to travel 1 or 2 hrs to get to a quilt shop. So when I travel anywhere, I find the local quilt shop and buy material. Have no idea what I will make with it, but 'someday'.
Well at least with the prepackaged stuff you don't have to find someone, in WM, to wait on you.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 AM

I love it when someone looks for something positive in everything.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 AM

I agree on the walmart in so.parkersberg.......they do have a good supply. And it is just a skip from home. I havent checked the quilt shops....but plan to soon
Old 05-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
that quilt in your profile pic/avatar is really unique!!!! is there a pattern or did you make it up???? I would love to do one like that!!!

Thanks! ~Sylvia~
Whose avatar are you talking about? There are some really nice quilts in lots of people's avi's!

Mine is called called Center Stage put out by Pieced Tree Patterns. It's a little laminated card, around 3 1/2" X 5 1/2" with the pattern picture on one side and the directions on the other side. You can find them online or in your local quilt shop.
lol, I guess i should have specified huh! I was wondering about Dina's---that is really cool!!!!
Quilter, yours looks too complicated for me...points and shading. I am still on basic shapes, lol!!!
It's not difficult at all. The instructions on the back of the card tell you that you need a light, a medium and a dark fabric. At least check out the patterns online. They really are easy!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 PM

All the ones in my area have dropped the fabric lines which is Toronto Canada
Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

good for you.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:35 PM

KP
I love your quilt what is the pattern, if I might ask? Where in Tx. I live in far West Tex. Pecos, between Odessa and El Paso. Gerbie