Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 'just HAVE to say...........................

This board is my down time. If the pups are sleeping I can't make noise cleaning now can I? So I grab a cup of tea or coffee and sit down and read. Even if I should be getting ready to go to adoptions. lol

Senior Member ClairVoyantQuilter's Avatar
    It really IS a wonderful community. Thank you, everyone :)

Quiltbugs, Where in PA do you live? I am in south central PA, just off turnpike, NE ext. exit 74.

I also spend way too much time on this board. But, it is sew much fun and usually doesn't cost me anything but time!

Blog Entries
    A quilters cult, what better place to live, and we would all get more done cuz we could chat face to face and quilt at the same time!!! LOL But seriously, if a cult exist please someone let me know, only requirement is that I would have to be able to see my family occasionally.

Here too much? Nooo. I'm here just right. One of the reasons I'm enjoying this group is that I'm reading ways to solve problems or make things and telling myself "I know that." I love to be right! LOL But the things I'm learning are the greatest value. Thank you to all of you experienced quilters for helping me!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltbugs
    I'd get twice as many quilts made if I wasn't on here so much. :-)
    DITTO but it is so addictive you can't get away everyone is so nice, this is by far the best forum I have ever been on. thanks everyone for making it fun, and thanks to whoever started this forum

I agree. You can learn so much here.

You took the words right out of my mouth.....I should be cleaning.....it's 11:10 am already, and I am still on here reading all the messages. I love it. I won't clean this afternoon, I save that time for quilting. Thanks everyone for all your ideas, pictures, tuts, everything. I wish I was 20 years younger, because I know I won't get all the things done I want to in this lifetime. Maybe I'll come back as a sewing machine....

Quote Originally Posted by dseale40
    I am a new quilter, unfortunately can't be on all of the time, work gets in the way. Still mostly read and not to many replies. BUT I have learned a lot from here. I really enjoy the way everyone seems to be so open and willing to share their knowledge.
    I am so happy to hear you have a job.

This site rocks.

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone, yes it would be really great if we all lived close together and quilted together. I don't have anyone near me to quilt with, my closetest quilting friend is in Houston, Tx 5 hours away. so needless to say I do what little bit of quilting by myself. I can't get out much any more have DH that can't do anything anymore he is confined to home so my getting out is limited. But I do really enjoy reading all of you'all s post and it gives me a lot of company, don't have anyone close by to come visit so its just me and DH and my little dog banban. You all really make my days its like all of you come to visit. Hope all of you have a great weekend. Grannyp70

Nancy, I could not agree more. I love this sight, I know you bugged me for so long to start talking and sharing on this sight. But this is the one sight that people answer you. I feel like I am really talking to a group of people. I love this sight. Now the trouble is trying to get me to shut up, but as you know me I don't think that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Quilter
    Nancy, I could not agree more. I love this sight, I know you bugged me for so long to start talking and sharing on this sight. But this is the one sight that people answer you. I feel like I am really talking to a group of people. I love this sight. Now the trouble is trying to get me to shut up, but as you know me I don't think that will happen.
    What is EXTRA about it, that we learn about so many different subjects, not just quilting! Im glad that you are participating!! But - I STILL am on-line wayyy too much!

:lol:

I agree with all of the above post about being here way to much. But I have to also say this place has got me back into the sewing room if even if its to make siggy or a block someone else needs.

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by jamh
    It is pretty awesome here, but wouldn't it be better if we ALL lives in one place like a private cummunity!! LOL All you could hear is the sewing machines!! But I love this site, It is by far my favorite!! :) :) :)
    What a great idea!! Sort of like a retirement village but for quilters only. Let's DO it!

8-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamh
    It is pretty awesome here, but wouldn't it be better if we ALL lives in one place like a private cummunity!! LOL All you could hear is the sewing machines!! But I love this site, It is by far my favorite!! :) :) :)
    How AWESOME would that be??? I tell all my friends about this site. I have 2 of them getting back into quilting and 1 that is just starting, so I have told them to go on here they wouldn't be disappointed at all.

I also agree that I spend A LOT of time on the computer lately then on the sewing maching.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by finch
    I love getting up each morning with my coffee and reading evrything from our newsletter.I miss that crazy Marsye.Is she sick or something??I just love reading her replies.She is so funny.
    She is a HOOT isn't she? I haven't seen much from her in awhile either.

Nancy of Stitchinwitch: I totally agree with you. I love reading evrything and once I get started on it, well....it's way past my pill-poppin' time and sometimes even meal time. Addictive??? Naw!! Not the least bit !!!! :thumbup: :lol:

By the way - how many are in their 20's and how many are in their 70's or older?

62 here

I spend way to much time here, but hey...you all inspire me! I have tried things that I never would have attempted without you all! However, now that DH has joined the board (Husband of a Quilter), I joke that nothing will get done around here! LOL

Blog Entries
    I too spend way too much time here instead of lots of things on my list.

Really gotta get back to my MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I just joined and can't seem to get enough. I see the handwriting on the wall. Look forward to learning and teaching and enjoying the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodee
    By the way - how many are in their 20's and how many are in their 70's or older?

I love this site too and like others am on it way to much. I get so pumped up after seeing all of the beautiful quilts and reading the post. I have met so many nice people and have learned so much.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast