Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Leaders & Enders and What Should I Do With These? >

Leaders & Enders and What Should I Do With These?

Leaders & Enders and What Should I Do With These?

Old 04-13-2010, 05:34 AM

I'd love to see pictures of any leaders/ender quilts or layouts!!

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by b.zang
Don't you eventually have to cut threads?
I do leaders and enders just like this too and I never have to cut threads unless I am going to do something other than straight piecing or if I need to change thread colors for some reason. So long as I am not starting or stopping in the middle of fabric I can use a leader or ender block. I have gone through a whole roll of bobbin without cutting a thread! I love it. I just keep my little 2” squares around to use, and when I have enough of those to make a quilt, I just cut more for another quilt. LOL

So far as what to do with them, I made mine 9 patches that are totally scrappy except they all have a black block as the center. I have not decided what to do with them either yet, but I think I will either sash them with black or just sew them into rows and call it a quilt! :)

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

That is a very smart idea. You get a lot done on the other quilt without even trying. I used to cross stitch while watching television. I would be amazed at how much I could do while watching a two hour movie.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
I'd love to see pictures of any leaders/ender quilts or layouts!!

I will take a picture of one quilt I did. It ended up being an Irish chain (though I didn’t know that was the name of it at the time). I made some patches and then when I went to do the quilt, I filled in where I needed to. I am working on quilting that one now, can’t wait to have it done as I totally love it!! I haven’t decided on what to do with the 9 patch blocks I have, but I don’t have enough to make a whole quilt yet anyway. I just piece them together as I go. Sometimes I will sit down and work on putting them together in whole 9 patches without working on another quilt at the same time, but usually I just do it leader/ender style. :) But there are plenty of patterns out there that start with 4 patches, just find one you like and add a few extra pieces and you’ll have a beautiful quilt!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-13-2010, 11:45 AM

LOVE this idea.... very unique