Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's made ourselves a promise >

Let's made ourselves a promise

Let's made ourselves a promise

Old 12-24-2010, 06:32 AM

I'm with you on this promise. My resolution for the new year is to finish ALL my UFOs and perhaps that will place me far ahead for Christmas in 2011. Thanks for another incentive. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:46 AM

I used to start Christmas items very early in the year. Always had a project going - some for gifts, some to sell or whatever. I just haven't been able to get back to doing that the last couple of years. I think I'll push myself to get back in the habit though. I know I'm a happier person when I am accomplishing something. I may have to ask someone from here to get after me with a big stick and help push!LOL. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM

First thing I have to do is get all the quilt ideas out of my head and start cutting.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 AM

I am one of those people that wait till last few months. Didn't happen that way this year as ended up with surgery for knee replacement in August and rest of year sewing and quilting was the last thing on my mind. I plan to start early doing planned projects so maybe I will be ready next year. Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
that we'll start next year's Christmas gifts in July. No stress for next year.
Hi BarbaraTX,
My quilting group were just remarking about the same thing. But we decided to start in JANUARY! Speaking as an un-repentant UFO-er, I NEED to start in January, myself!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:14 AM

My problem is that I only get ideas for quilty gifts a week or two before Christmas. May in Jersey
Old 12-24-2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I keep telling myself to start right after the first of the year, but it never works out that way! My DD's birthday was Nov 2 and I've been putting a box of goodies together for her. Besides notions and such, I made her reverable fall/Christmas tablerunner. Have I even sent it to her? Of course not! I still have plans to make coasters, mug rugs, placemats, etc. Do I have them made yet? NO......
Oh...She did recently get a package of Fat Quarters but I had it sent directly from the internet site! I'm sooo bad!

Nor have I finished the Christmas Quilts I was going to give, and somehow, don't see that happening this Christmas!
Melinda, I would LOVE to see a photo of that reversible tablerunner. Funny the things that never occur to me!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I keep telling myself to start right after the first of the year, but it never works out that way! My DD's birthday was Nov 2 and I've been putting a box of goodies together for her. Besides notions and such, I made her reverable fall/Christmas tablerunner. Have I even sent it to her? Of course not! I still have plans to make coasters, mug rugs, placemats, etc. Do I have them made yet? NO......
Oh...She did recently get a package of Fat Quarters but I had it sent directly from the internet site! I'm sooo bad!

Nor have I finished the Christmas Quilts I was going to give, and somehow, don't see that happening this Christmas!
Melinda, I would LOVE to see a photo of that reversible tablerunner. Funny the things that never occur to me!
Here is the link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-74853-1.htm
It is the 2 bottom photo's

I try to make all my tablerunners reversable, dual duty!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:27 AM

Already started!! :-) We're planning to do a lot of little stuff next year. Costs too much to ship anymore. So yesterday, I made an octagon pattern and am trying to make one of those lovely table toppers I keep seeing here on the board. If I'd known what I was doing, it might have even been really nice, but at 4 a.m. what it amounted to was a beautiful bowl. LOL!! I'm now taking it back out & longer strips are waiting.. Now to find something to give me a good 45 degree angle! Hmmm!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 AM

My system works for me--on the twenty-fifth day of each month, except December, I work on Christmas gifts. They may not be finished that day, but the tub holds all the patterns and pieces till the next time. This does not eliminate the last minute rush for baking and decorating,sad to say. piecefully, the old one