Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's made ourselves a promise >

Let's made ourselves a promise

Let's made ourselves a promise

Old 12-24-2010, 07:32 AM

sounds great, but like many resolutions....--my DH says he will learn to use the computer to shop next year -- he is the most un-etech person I know -- I am thinking about placemats and tabletoppers for relatives -- we will see how I will actually do! lol
Old 12-24-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mickie612
When you finish early, Do you think of more things to do?
Of course! LOL!! The list keeps running along. I just keep on trying new things & having fun. Of course sometimes I have to work in the old favorites, too! :-)
Old 12-24-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
On July I am at the lake...in September I am doing fall cleaning...my machine never comes out until October!
And my sewing machine never gets put away!!! It is in my family room and I sew every day. Starting my Christmas quilt already. Perhaps there is a name for people like me, LOL.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:50 AM

I had mine done but changed my mind when I saw all the great things you all have come up with. So really I am already ahead for next year! Except for the fact that you all will have come up with even more great stuff by then that I will have to try. Thanks a lot and I really do mean that! Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will you really plan that far ahead?
I tend to get lots done when under pressure.
lol Gayle me too...no matter how much I plan ahead I always tell myself " oh you have plently of time" then before I know it time has run out. I do have a list & fabric sitting on my table for next years gifts already...hey I always have good intentions. Good luck keeping that promise.
I did manage to get a few projects done that have been sittng on my table forever, here 2 of them.

well this is the pkg I must have deleted the pic of the finished product..lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147514[/ATTACH]

Hot Pads
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147515[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147509.jpe   attachment-147510.jpe  
Old 12-24-2010, 09:09 AM

Oh I had it done, but saw a pattern or fabric I like better, then started over again, so on and so on! Merry Christmas to all!!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:17 AM

I agree to that. Every year I say I am not going to wait till December and every year it is the last minute. I made three scarves yesterday for Christmas. I get so many cute ideas off this site. Everyone is so clever and have made some cute projects.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:23 AM

I like to start at the first of the year, but not everything was done for Christmas this year. There's just too many other factors such as - work, birthdays, anniversaries, vacation and other holidays - St. Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving etc. for me to accomplish one gift a month. This year we have two friends (one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq) plus a nephew in Afghanistan. I made sure that they received their boxes in advance of Christmas. So that included holiday baking twice this year. But I do plan for quilty gifts because I keep buying fabric (LOL)!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:39 AM

I've had many years when I was still finishing gifts Christmas morning! But I work best under pressure.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:46 AM

I do every year, but there are always things that I decide to make at the last minute any way. This year Michigan had a very hot summer and it was too hot to quilt so I did three counted cross stitch pictures so I had nothing hot on my lap and saved the hand quilting for when it turned cooler.

Merry Christmas to all !!!