Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting? >

Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting?

Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting?

Old 02-14-2011, 06:15 AM

Just finished binding a queen wrap around for the mother of my 4th son (exchange student). Need to whip the miters, launder and ship.

Have been plotting the design and fabric needs for the next one, a king bed quilt for a belated wedding present for a former 4-H student. She got married last summer while I was at the wedding of above son #4 in Germany. While helping her out with one of her Easter Seal fundraisers, I told her I owed her one, and asked what colors. She said earth tones, and mentioned the dominant colors they were currently using in their decor. Then I asked, "Double, queen, or king?" I can hardly wait to get started. I have a huge stash of pending projects, but this one is behind schedule, so really want to set it as a priority.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:46 AM

I have lots of tops made and am working on getting the quilting done. I do my own FMQ on my regular machine.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:50 AM

I'm working on a baby quilt for a friend who is expecting in May. I've decided to use the 3D pinwheel which I've not done before. It is simple enough but I will do a practice block today. Should be fun!
Maureen
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM

I'm working on a twin size d9p for my daughter. I have a large applique project kind of sitting on the back burner for now. I just ordered fabric for a customer quilt, so I want DD's finished before it gets here (approx 2 weeks to Canada). The applique will get done when it gets done...lol. Just don't tell hubby I said that...it's for him!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 AM

My first mystery quilt. Fun but kinda scary since I am a visual person and like to know what the end product is supposed to look like. Stepping out of my box! lol
Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 AM

I'm on the way to finish a mint green wholecloth and already plan the next in a shade of golden with rust colored thread...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 AM

I am working on a BOM. I am going to get this done before I start on my next quilt. I have told myself this over and over and it is working so far.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:07 AM
cjr

I hope to finish quilting DH Christmas quilt. First One I've made for him. He was so excited when he opened it on Christmas (unfinished, all pieced, back pinned)he has had input as I've been working on it. This will be a couch throw-cover up watch tv quilt. He is very patient.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:12 AM

A wedding quilt for son takes place in Oct., baby chenilles for nephews twins due in May. A bunny wallhanging for Easter, finishing hand binding on a Christmas project, on and on. Also just bought two great patterns Louisa by Moda Univ and a sampler Southern stars by Pacific Patchwork.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 AM

During the past two weeks I have sewn 92 optic squares together using Kaffee Fassett's stripes.Tricky but rewarding. The material is woven and very fragile. Yesterday I used a design board at the shop and with encouragement laid out the design. It is looking good. To the hospital today, anesthesia, so I will wait a few days to sew them together. Meanwhile, on this past Saturday I took a class on Mosaic Tiles and have a boat load of HST to make. Cabin Fever doesn't have a chance to settle in here.