Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Log Cabin Trim Tool Two

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Well, I HAVE paper pieced a pineapple (which is very similar to a log cabin, just more pieces), and it was MUCH easier than squaring up after every single dang row. Geez, that sounds like so much extra work! And I never had to rip anything, because I don't sew through the paper.

Attachment 375391
    Your pineapple quilt is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyJ View Post
    I was in Houston last week & took a class w/the designer, Jean Ann Wright, using her Log Cabin Trim Tool for 8" finished blocks. Is easy to use & worked very well. Will also do half log cabin blocks & court house steps blocks. I like the fact that strips do not have to be cut to exact width or length making it easy to use up my scraps. Would recommend if you're a "gadget girl" or "ruler girl" like I am. Good luck & enjoy.
    Thanks for the input. It is good to hear from somebody who has actually used the ruler. Will have to add one to my collection. lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Well, I HAVE paper pieced a pineapple (which is very similar to a log cabin, just more pieces), and it was MUCH easier than squaring up after every single dang row. Geez, that sounds like so much extra work! And I never had to rip anything, because I don't sew through the paper.

Attachment 375391
    Your Pineapple quilt is jaw-droppping stunning! I love the colors. And I agree about using the folding paper method so you don't have to tear out paper when you finish piecing - so much easier.

I am totally a gadget girl. I bought both sizes of that ruler in Houston. I love the fact that you don't have to cut each piece to exact size. I've had major problems making my log cabin blocks in the past and I hope these rulers make it easier and more fun.
    Peckish, your quilt is gorgeous!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2