Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Arm Quilters >

Long Arm Quilters

Long Arm Quilters

Old 07-29-2013, 08:19 PM

I recently bought a Handi Quilter Avanti. I live in Canada, guess where it comes from....Salt Lake City, Utah!! Since that is where you live I would get that one, there must be a dealer there somewhere. I love my HQ, it's so easy to operate and has great dealer support. I had a problem ( it was me) with the tension and called the head office. Someone called me right back and walked me through it, then went over everything else about my machine. They also have great youtube videos to explain every aspect of your machine. I love the product and the company and am so glad I picked this one.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 PM

I just jumped on the Innova wagon! I sold my gammill (which was a workhorse...) after 3 weeks on the market. I was longarm-less for almost a month, but now I'm happy as a clam! I won't be selling THIS machine. I wake up in the morning ready to quilt the day away...I still kinda surprised I bought mine so quickly as I was not in the market for diff machine. This one fits me perfectly. Try them ALL out...as many as you can get your hands on. Just like some people like a sedan and others a truck? you will find a machine that fits you AND your budget. Ask friends too...some people think they would like the long arm process and after a whole quilt, don't like it at all. Rent a machine or ask a friend to help you on theirs.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

I agree test as many as you can before you buy. I have the Crown Jewel from Babylock and I love it.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:52 AM

If you are accepting of used I believe there is a good market for HQ's as many are upgrading. When I was last in SLC there were some online for sale. SLC is the headquarters for HQ.